Economy stinks..how bout some free eggs? PA - WINNERS pg 14

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
Well Tori, looks like that begging paid off for you after all!
gig.gif

I batted my baby blues hard... those kids were hard to compete with!
lol.png
Seriously, I've been drooling over Jen's silkies for a couple of years now...
love.gif

I know!! I would love some of her eggs, but they are a bit steep for me! I know they are worth it, but until I can get my hatch rates up, I'm not spending that much on eggs again!! I've got 2 silkies in the yard now that are worth $35 each if you go by what I paid for the eggs! I think they need to be in a vault somewhere, those are expensive birds!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I batted my baby blues hard... those kids were hard to compete with!
lol.png
Seriously, I've been drooling over Jen's silkies for a couple of years now...
love.gif

I know!! I would love some of her eggs, but they are a bit steep for me! I know they are worth it, but until I can get my hatch rates up, I'm not spending that much on eggs again!! I've got 2 silkies in the yard now that are worth $35 each if you go by what I paid for the eggs! I think they need to be in a vault somewhere, those are expensive birds!!
lau.gif

I've got ONE $120 Red Dorking...
wink.png
I hear you.

I am so blessed for "knowing" all of the BYCers... someday soon I hope to pay it forward with some eggs of my own. I do it locally, with homeschoolers, schools, 4H... but there are so many cool people here that are deserving.
love.gif
Without a few key people here on BYC, I wouldn't have a couple of my breeds.
hugs.gif

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
lau.gif

wink.png
I hear you.

I am so blessed for "knowing" all of the BYCers... someday soon I hope to pay it forward with some eggs of my own. I do it locally, with homeschoolers, schools, 4H... but there are so many cool people here that are deserving.
love.gif
hugs.gif

$120??? No way would I pay that much for eggs! That's like 3 weeks worth of feed!
gig.gif
I think my $35 dollar silkies are bad enough, especially since all the silkies are the property of a 4 year old!
lau.gif
"My" birds are no where near that much, I have 6 golden lakenvelder chicks that I paid $1.09 for the eggs off ebay!
big_smile.png

Quote:
wink.png
I hear you.

love.gif
hugs.gif

$120??? No way would I pay that much for eggs! That's like 3 weeks worth of feed!
gig.gif
I think my $35 dollar silkies are bad enough, especially since all the silkies are the property of a 4 year old!
lau.gif
"My" birds are no where near that much, I have 6 golden lakenvelder chicks that I paid $1.09 for the eggs off ebay!
big_smile.png

Well, it was 4 shipments of eggs... only one chick hatched out of all of them... but the point is, I didn't give up.
wink.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
big_smile.png

Well, it was 4 shipments of eggs... only one chick hatched out of all of them... but the point is, I didn't give up.
wink.png

Oh, well $120 for 4 shipments isn't that bad when you look at it like that. Mine was $60 for the first and $10 shipping for the replacements when none of the first ones hatched. But to only get one hatch? That stinks! I normally get at least one to hatch, usually it's ONLY one, but that is every hatch. Sometimes I get lucky and have a few more!
big_smile.png
I know one thing, I'm not hatching eggs in the winter anymore! Since it has warmed up I have had much better hatch rates!

Back
Top Bottom