Economy stinks..how bout some free eggs? PA - WINNERS pg 14

hinkjc

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
PA
Even with stimulus packages, the economy is not making a very prompt turnaround and who knows where it is going. I look around my farm and feel fortunate for what I have and think there are others who may like some beautiful chickens, for eggs/meat or just lovely pets or breeders for themselves or their family.

I would like to offer a dozen free hatching eggs to our BYC family to help in these tough times. Here's how it works:

Tell me what breed/project I have you would like to have and why. I will pick a lucky BYCer on Sunday night and send you some free eggs to hatch and enjoy.
hugs.gif

disclaimer: I reserve the right to ship based on availability of the chosen breed. It would not be any longer than a week or two..and could be as early as Monday if I have them available. I cannot accept requests for particular ship dates. I will make the arrangements with the winner privately.

Let's not discuss politics or anything that can turn this offer into a debate. Any posts of that nature will be removed. Simply post what you want and why.
wink.png
Good luck!

edited to add - Jennlyn4 has graciously offered to donate 6 buff silkie eggs (from the last of my line of buff silkies - "Gold n Glam") She has her own beauties as well! If you're interested in these, please post and let us know. These will be in addition to what I am offering. Thank you Jen!

Last edited:
My incubators are all full, but I just wanted to say: What a nice thing to do. I'm lucky that my family is blessed even during these rough times, too. I hope you find that deserving person.

Ditto 2009NewChickMom, what a generous offer.

I too "I look around my farm and feel fortunate for what I have"

Our plans for our new flock are simple. When we start getting eggs we'll eat what we want, sell what we can and donate what is left. It's not much but I'm sure there are people out there who could use a free dozen eggs now and then.

I am retracting my original post, another BYC member has generously offered to send some eggs to my neighbor. I would feel guilty asking for more eggs for her with some already on the way.

Last edited:
Wow, aren't the people here just great??!!
thumbsup.gif
I'd like to take a minute or two and brag on the beautiful birds you guys have. I am more fortunate than most, but I still love your lavender orps and would love to have some......one day.

I love your orps and the lavenders are just beautiful and you guys have been doing an excellent job with them. I could only hope to do as well as you guys have if I were to embark on the adventure of improving the lines. Whenever I see pics of your orps, I always yell to DH to come and look. He can't figure out my fascination with silkies, anything bbs, or lavender
smile.png

Thanks for being so generous to one lucky person!!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I can't take the eggs, but I wanted to say what a beautiful thing to do. I look at my little plot of land, my small flock, and my veggie garden awaiting the first veggies and think what a great time to enjoy the simple things in life. Get back to basics and appreciate what is needed instead of wanted. Kudos to you hinkjc, karma will be good to you.

I totally agree with everyone's posts. What a nice thing to do for one lucky someone. I'm new to this but love my chickies. All 5 of them. I cannot use the eggs either but I'm sure a lucky person will be most grateful. God Bless you for your generosity.
smile.png

Wow, I second (third, fourth, whatever) that this is such a nice thing to do!!

However, I do have room for eggs (yay me!!
big_smile.png
) It wouldn't really matter which kind, but I do love your lavenders!!
love.gif
Something like that would really help me out financially, since they are not all that common.

I live with my father right now, me and my 4-year-old son. I am taking college classes for accounting, and am in my second year. I am not working right now, due to a back injury among other things, so basically the money that I 'live' on is the less than $3000 every 5-6 months I get from my financial aid and Pell grant, and whatever I make from selling eggs and birds. Selling eggs and birds does help out, but it would help a lot more if I had something not too many people had!

Personally, I am partial to bantams, but I have come to the realization that not many people in my area are
idunno.gif
Anyway, that's my story, and i thank you for the opportunity for something like this!! It still amazes me how many 'good' people there are in this world, and that so many are right here on BYC!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom