EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I can't tell you how much I hate super glue.
Last night I came home to find my young climbing buck out again this time going over to the Boer does, and fighting through the fence with my Boer buck. He slit his ear 3/4 of an inch or so and had blood everywhere.
The vet said to take a tounge depresser/popsicle stick and super glue a piecee on top and bottom of the tear. Bit the time the stick wears off it will have grown together or healed without ripping more.
Here is the hate. Try holding onto a ten month old buck while trying to get the rear together correctly and the sticks neatly top and bottom over it.
I had it all over my hands :sick
Next time try immobilizing him (after a fashion) in the headgate of your milking station

You sure that snowman wasn't made out of Crisco? Looks a bit fat in the can :oops:
The story behind the snowman.. A good friend of DH's at his work was on vacation too at the same time. But up in the Mountains somewhere. His wife dragged him up to a ski resort. He was freezing his butt off and he and my DH was texting photos back and forth sharing each others vacations. His buddy and their Daughter made a real snowman at one point and sent the pic. So when Hub showed me the picture, my daughter & I whipped up a quick snow/sandman.. It was spontaneous and within minutes of the photo we received.
I guess you had to be there to appreciate the fun.

The story behind the snowman.. A good friend of DH's at his work was on vacation too at the same time. But up in the Mountains somewhere. His wife dragged him up to a ski resort. He was freezing his butt off and he and my DH was texting photos back and forth sharing each others vacations. His buddy and their Daughter made a real snowman at one point and sent the pic. So when Hub showed me the picture, my daughter & I whipped up a quick snow/sandman.. It was spontaneous and within minutes of the photo we received.
I guess you had to be there to appreciate the fun.
:gig Love that.

I can't tell you how much I hate super glue.
Last night I came home to find my young climbing buck out again this time going over to the Boer does, and fighting through the fence with my Boer buck. He slit his ear 3/4 of an inch or so and had blood everywhere.
The vet said to take a tounge depresser/popsicle stick and super glue a piecee on top and bottom of the tear. Bit the time the stick wears off it will have grown together or healed without ripping more.
Here is the hate. Try holding onto a ten month old buck while trying to get the rear together correctly and the sticks neatly top and bottom over it.
I had it all over my hands :sick
Fingernail polish remover will take the glue off your fingers. Sorry about your troubles with the buck..:(

12 hours of putting out heat in the tropics where she lives and the climate we live in is a lot different...Up here it is 9 minutes of heat, before it freezes.
I've mentioned this before, a couple years ago, but I have a heated, saucer-shaped disc, designed to sit down in a hole in the bottom of a dog's whelping box. I only ever used it once, but it seemed to do the job. Doesn't get so warm that spreading a layer of bedding over it would constitute a fire hazard; didn't for my dogs, anyway.
I don't know if they're still on the market or not, but they'd be available from dog supply houses if they are.

Single serve :p
I could eat nothing but rotisserie chickens for the rest of my life and be quite content.
676A1725.JPG

I concur

Back
Top Bottom