EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I totally forgot about the EHAL. I've had my roosters separated for over a month. I just put my brahma hen in with my brahma rooster and my choc orpington hen with that rooster. Do you think their eggs will be fertile in time to set on March 26th? Sure hope so.

Heremail is the unknown bantam at 1 week.

Here are the 2 brahma babies that hatched Jan. 21st. A boy and a girl
1f60a.png

Quick question, there is only 5" space between the floor of the cooler and the lightbulb. This ok? I never did look it up on the last Bator coz it had crazy high walls.

If I want it to go 2" higher, I'll have to buy new sockets...

Hawk- Yes, eggs will be fine. LOVE your brahma!! :drool

Someday I'm going to be able to find some. Someday.

They are one of my favs! So sweet and gentle, even the roosters. One of my goals is to have chocolate laced orpingtons too. I have a pair of chocolates and a pair of silver laced orps. So eventually I hope to have them.

Quick question, there is only 5" space between the floor of the cooler and the lightbulb. This ok? I never did look it up on the last Bator coz it had crazy high walls.

If I want it to go 2" higher, I'll have to buy new sockets...

Just add a wire barrier between the lights and the eggs/chicks and you should be good. That's what I did in mine.

Just add a wire barrier between the lights and the eggs/chicks and you should be good. That's what I did in mine.

Yeah, was hoping I wouldn't have to go that route, but I'm gonna have to unless I can MacGyver the sockets into working.... Hmm....

Might be able to hang them on the outsides and have them hang over the lid edge?

Yeah, was hoping I wouldn't have to go that route, but I'm gonna have to unless I can MacGyver the sockets into working.... Hmm....

Might be able to hang them on the outsides and have them hang over the lid edge?

It was my only option since my cooler is so small. Only 8" deep minus the 1" under the wire floor so 7" and the inside is 13"x10".

Might work. But I'm not an expert on building anything lol I bought the wrong light socket and cord for mine and had to go back lol

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

@mlm Mike Per a phone call, add two more bucks, that makes me 5-1 with only one dairy doe left to kid
barnie.gif

At least they are alive, but I lost a doe, and now have no replacements.
I hope you get a doe or two from the final kidding. I'm sorry you lost a doe.

Last chick just hatched! 11/11, a 100% hatch. Baby is getting a chance to dry off in the incubator and then it will go to the brooder with the others. The 3 chicks that hatched yesterday have started nibbling at food and stood in my hand to eat. They aren't showing much interest in the water yet but we are working on that.

Thus concludes my first hatching! Thanks everyone for your patience when I asked questions.

Think I'll take a nap.
caf.gif
Congratulations!

1 chick out right on time. About 5 more pips that I can see. I put way too many eggs in there and the pedigree bags/boxes are taking up a lot of space.
woot.gif
Good luck with the rest!

Quote: puppy is going to a good home, if that is yours make plans to pick her up in about eight weeks @DwayneNLiz ps head still attached, I can order donuts for your pick up as well lol
17022137_1306936792731801_5715293397642320854_n.jpg

16938697_1306940742731406_3512352054115127194_n.jpg

Sweet puppy, I'm certain Liz will give her a good home.

Good morning, Darlin'
hugs.gif
love.gif

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Hope you feel better today than yesterday, but not as good as you will tomorrow
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
backatcha Whites

Well it's official, read back is not going to happen. I got started a couple times but got pulled away. Each time I came back the unread post was back above 500.

Hatch didn't go so well, 17 of 37 that went into lockdown made it out but I lost 2 of those already. Had 3 with external pips that never zipped and the rest never attempted. They were all my eggs from a mixed flock but the eggs from my leghorn hens had the worst stats. I had 16 of those eggs and only 2 hatched.

Have a work trip towards the end of March so the incubator will be off until I set for EHAL.

Haven't started anything with the new incubator build either, parts started rolling in but not the parts I wanted to start with so it'll probably be this weekend before I start working it.

That's a recap for me Hope everyone is doing well, Sorry for the losses I read about in my limited readback.
sorry about that hatch, any clues what happened?

Quote: you know this time, I think you should be strong, traveling sounds like a fantastic idea for you!!! SEND BANTI SWEETS ALL EGGS!!! ha ha ha

Duckling made it through, then asked to watch it again!
yesss.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
lol I never seen it either
highfive.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

I totally forgot about the EHAL. I've had my roosters separated for over a month. I just put my brahma hen in with my brahma rooster and my choc orpington hen with that rooster. Do you think their eggs will be fertile in time to set on March 26th? Sure hope so.

Heremail is the unknown bantam at 1 week.

Here are the 2 brahma babies that hatched Jan. 21st. A boy and a girl
1f60a.png
The eggs should be fertile by then, if they are not already.

Back
Top Bottom