EE, Ameraucana, Auracana

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you get a Blue Wheaten hen, a Blue Roo and a Silver Roo and breed what you have and get those color chicks then you have true Ameraucana

Quote:
They probably have the different colors separated, then. They didn't come from the same parents if they are all standardized colors. Not quite sure what you're saying. If they are really the standard colors, they are from pure lines of each color Ameraucana.

Quote:
I hate to tell you this but you have EE's.

Did you happen to check with the Ameraucana Breeders Club to see if they are listed as a Breeder? Unfortunately I still see people all the time advertising that they are selling eggs, chicks, and or adults from "Ameraucanas" when in fact the description they give or the pictures clearly show that they have EE's.

Also, you should have been asking (and the breeder too if you didn't) what it was that you wanted exactly. In other words, I don't just sell "Ameraucana Hatching Eggs" but rather I find out exactly what someone wants. Wheatens, Blue Wheatens, Splash Wheatens, or a combination of those? And I label each egg so that the buyer knows exactly what they are putting in the incubator and then can keep track of what comes out for their own breeding lines down the road.

Just something to keep in mind the next time you order. Hope that helps.

God Bless,

Tailfeathers has an excellent point. Just because someone has a flock and sells eggs or chicks doesn't really make them a breeder, or at least a breeder of excellent stock. Anyone can sell eggs as Ameraucana eggs--heck, the hatcheries sure do.

The only way to know is to post pictures of your birds and the Ameraucana breeders will be able to tell you what you have. Just because an EE has a similar color to standard colors doesn't mean they fit the bill as an Ameraucana.

Ameraucanas are cross breeds of Aracaunas. Aracaunas are much rarer than Ameracaunas. EE just stands for easter egger, which can mean anything that lays colorful eggs, but it refers to Ameraucanas and Aracaunas in particular.

Quote:
Hey RE --

Would you post a pic or two of splash wheatens? I've got wheaten/blue wheaten in both araucanas and Marans, but I haven't seen the splash version yet. I'd appreciate it!

Quote:
Hey RE --

Would you post a pic or two of splash wheatens? I've got wheaten/blue wheaten in both araucanas and Marans, but I haven't seen the splash version yet. I'd appreciate it!

I too would love to see the splash wheaten
love.gif

Quote:
Hey RE --

I too would love to see the splash wheaten
love.gif

I think Jean (pips&peeps) has a photo of one on her site but don't hold me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom