EE chick, Are these big legs? (large pics, refresh if too big!)

Pet Duck Boy

Songster
10 Years
Dec 12, 2009
Orlando, FL
Hey guys, here's a couple pictures of my EE chick. I know most say they are pretty hard to sex when young, and this guy is only 8 days old. I assumed this chick was a female due to speedy feather growth, but then I noticed it's legs were a bit bigger than the others. These are my first chickens ever, so can you help me out? Pics aren't the best.

EEchick001.jpg

EEchick002.jpg

EEchick004.jpg

EEchick006.jpg

This little one's pea comb has also gotten a tad bigger since I've gotten it.
EEchick005.jpg

It's very hard to tell with the cute little chickie only being 8 days old...

I've had better luck just waiting it out and seeing who's comb comes in faster. Roos' combs will come in and will be pink.

Quote:
Hey hey hey now. You're going to give the poor thing a complex! Now she's going to go around asking everyone she meets "do these legs make my butt look big?"

Quote:
Hey hey hey now. You're going to give the poor thing a complex! Now she's going to go around asking everyone she meets "do these legs make my butt look big?"

lau.gif
Sounds like Buff Hooligans thinks it's a girl!

Quote:
My feed store ordered them as sexed pullets. They were labled as ameraucana, but I know they ordered from some hatchery and are probably EEs.

Quote:
My feed store ordered them as sexed pullets. They were labled as ameraucana, but I know they ordered from some hatchery and are probably EEs.

Then there is no reason to worry, it is most likely a girl. It doesn't have girl coloring so I will gaurentee it is a girl

It is way to early to tell.
wink.png
I had a BA with thick legs and she is my best layer. I would suggest just enjoying her while she is so little and cute! Once she hits 8-10 weeks old then you could ask again and it will be a lot easier to tell by then.

Back
Top Bottom