EE Chickens 24 weeks Old no eggs.

Four EE's who lay: two green- one light blue- and one aqua. On laying age- first one at 25 weeks last one at 32.5 weeks old.

Quote:
How often do your hens lay. My 6 BR average 3 a day and my 4 astralorps average 3 a day but the one EE that laid a egg sunday has not laid since.

My blue EE laid 1 egg on the 26th another on the 29th and still waitng on number on the third egg. And our brown EE is still holding out. Our one year old Barred Rock batams have slowed to a all time low of ten eggs from 6 hens for 7 days. On a good note our four 6 month old Astralorps have laid 25 eggs in the last 7 days.
smile.png
yea

DSCN3842.jpg

Up date on my EE's. The second EE laid this week. Really thought we might get green or Blue eggs. The first EE laid a Dark brown egg. This one? a white egg. What in the world is going on. All 6 of my Barred rock batams are molting and has gone on sabbatical.

Our original EEs were hatchery stock. The blue egg layers started around 20 weeks but the green egg layer waited til 30 weeks. But for overall size and consistency of lay, the green egg layer was superior.

I feel like I got two duds. I get a dark Brown egg twice a week and now a white egg and its been 3 days since she laid so it will more than not be a twice a week layer too. I may trade them off and get more Australorps to take their place.

I feel like I need to update. I gave my ee's a bad rap. My blue EE has been laying a brown egg. Maybe 4 a week. The brown EE that I thought was laying a white egg was not laying at all till last week. She is 8 and a half months old and just now started laying a nice Green egg. I have got 6 in 6 days. I,m very impressed. I take back all the things I said about EE's.

Back
Top Bottom