EE Chickens 24 weeks Old no eggs.

I think all my hens are winter birds. It has been cold here. 11 degrees and hard freezes and even this morning is sleeting. I have got more eggs in the last 4 weeks than I have got in the last 4 months.

EE's sometimes take forever I got 3 of them ones just started laying about 2 weeks ago, the other 2 are already 32 weeks old and nothing, whats worse i checked one of them vent last week and the pelvic bones are still really tight, so no hope for that one. Just patience, what Ive found out is that the longer it takes for them to start laying the bigger the eggs they lay, my EE that started laying 2 weeks ago started lkaying almost full size eggs right out of the gate, they are now large, while my production reds who started l;aying at 20 weeks are still kind of small.

We have two at 24 weeks old, no eggs, one has been squatting for a couple of weeks.
rant.gif

I picked up my first chicks in June 10, 2 EE & 1 BR. The BR started laying on Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. She layed for 5 days straight, took two days off, and has layed every day ever since. The two EE's haven't done anything yet and aren't showing any signs that they'll start any time soon.

I had an EE that didn't start laying until she was almost a year old! The entire time I thought she was laying, brown eggs, and suddenly one day...I had a greenish one! I received my EEs from Ideal & will probably not ever order them again. I have not been impressed w/the laying and one lays brownish eggs
hmm.png

Quote:
This really gives me hope!! Thanks! I never knew chickens could be so fun. I love watching them roll around in the dust/dirt. I worry about them like they were my kids! Silly!!

I haven't seen any squatting in my EE but the little Red Star is starting too. I let them free range yesterday and they were so good! Came right back to their coop at sundown. I know, I'm easily impressed!!

Well, our EE, she finally started laying last Sunday. A beautiful green/blue egg. Then one a day until today. Nothing.
sad.png
We are going away for the weekend and the chicken-sitter will probably have better luck!
fl.gif
Our little red star is starting to get red waddles and comb and her vent is bigger then last week. So, maybe soon for her.?

Time will satisfy me, I'm sure!!

Back
Top Bottom