EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Just curious what these two will look like. One of them has reddish/orange wings with WHITE added, and the other has the same, but instead of white, her wings are added with a black, which blends REAL nice with red/orange! Pictures:

ChickenPen167.jpg

ChickenPen170.jpg

ChickenPen177.jpg

ChickenPen153.jpg

ChickenPen179.jpg

Tried to get some good wing shots in there. Excuse their sister BR, she is a camera HOG lol!

your light baby looks alot like the one of mine that just hatched, and I love it, it's the cutest thing. it's about 3 days old now.
EE through and through.

mar2010243.jpg

mar2010241.jpg

mar2010242.jpg

curious too to know what color adult plumage may be.

oh no, that baby of yours is identical to mine, boo hoo, I don't want it to be a roo. someone might eat it then. wahhh.

did your roo stay white like that or get more color?

Quote:
I wish I could answer that for you. Not too long after the picture was taken he got very sick (overnight) and was dying so we sent him to chicken heaven.

Quote:
That's a boy, I'll tell ya now. . See the post below it on the "pullet" turned roo? That is most likely your case too - Every really light chipmunk EE I've ran across turns into a boy.
hmm.png

awe sorry to hear that sockpuppet.

why do the super cute ones always have to be roos, haha.
I will post pics as this one matures to see for sure. I hope that someone is looking for a pretty whiteish roo if that happens. I can't keep anymore roos, I have 3 already.

This thread is so fun! I love seeing all of the updates. What a cool breed of chicken this is! It's a big fun guessing game/surprise to see how they will feather out, and another big fun surprise waiting to see what colour egg they will lay!

Here is my EE, got her from the feed store April 1st (so hatched March 31st I guess).

Daisy at 2 days old

04-01-109.jpg

One week old

04-07-102.jpg

Last edited:
Here are mine at 4 weeks now. Post # 10 shows them at a couple of days old. The one on the left had a blueish color head. No names yet, I am open to suggestions. Also do they look like roos or pullets? They are supposed to be pullets.
27698_100_2713.jpg

Back
Top Bottom