EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Here she is at 18 weeks. Still doesn’t seem close to laying, though! I can’t wait to see what color eggs she’ll lay! View attachment 2288773View attachment 2288774
Wow! She favors my EE destiny alot, even though as chicks they look nothing alike! EE's are truly pot luck...love it!
Btw...your gal is gorgeous. Hope she lays for you soon. post her first egg when it comes please

Need more update pics please.

Our flock is 10 weeks old now (as of tomorrow) - Blondie seems to be staying pure white and might be a roo, but I'm sure Coo is a pullet. I'm not completely sure if she's considered laced or barred? But she's so pretty, and not at all what I was expecting color-wise.

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_151407095.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151407095.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200814_151403621.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151403621.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200814_151401548.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151401548.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200814_151358215.jpg
    IMG_20200814_151358215.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Both blondie and coo turned out beautiful. They have grown so much since your last update! Blondie does look like a boy. I see you have another rooster in a picture, will you be keeping blondie as well?
I favor solid color EE's along with blue/gray coloring like coo. The only one i have like that is a complete spastic :( maybe she will calm down when she starts laying. I sure hope so!
Is coo calm or spastic?

Both blondie and coo turned out beautiful. They have grown so much since your last update! Blondie does look like a boy. I see you have another rooster in a picture, will you be keeping blondie as well?
I favor solid color EE's along with blue/gray coloring like coo. The only one i have like that is a complete spastic :( maybe she will calm down when she starts laying. I sure hope so!
Is coo calm or spastic?

If Blondie does turn out to be a boy, we'll try to rehome him. There's no way we can keep 2 roosters with 3 hens, & so far Sue is a great rooster (he's not aggressive to us & herds the girls well without being overly aggressive with them either). I'll either sell him or just see if the farm we got them from wants him for breeding.
Coo is pretty calm. She hates being picked up, but if you set her on your lap she'll stay there & even let you pet her. <3
Hopefully your girl will calm down -I've read that lots of hens do once they're laying. :)

If Blondie does turn out to be a boy, we'll try to rehome him. There's no way we can keep 2 roosters with 3 hens, & so far Sue is a great rooster (he's not aggressive to us & herds the girls well without being overly aggressive with them either). I'll either sell him or just see if the farm we got them from wants him for breeding.
Coo is pretty calm. She hates being picked up, but if you set her on your lap she'll stay there & even let you pet her. <3
Hopefully your girl will calm down -I've read that lots of hens do once they're laying. :)
I hope blondie lays an egg!!! I dont want to see him/her go
:(
We are getting closer to the EGG...im so excited to see what colors they give us!

I hope blondie lays an egg!!! I dont want to see him/her go
:(
We are getting closer to the EGG...im so excited to see what colors they give us!

Yeah, I'm hoping she just has a big comb. It doesn't look as red in person as in pictures, so that's hopeful. And the farm we got them from also has a petting zoo, & the chickens are within sight, so if he's a boy & goes back there, I can go get pics sometime. :)

I feel like our Nora looks a bit like your Margo! She did as a little chick, too. <3
View attachment 2291680View attachment 2291681

Beautiful girl. They do look similar. All EEs are so unique, one of things I love about them. I was surprised that 2 out 4 of my EEs did not have beards/muffs as well as a bit disappointed. I love the beards! Only Pegasus has green legs too, and the rest have yellow legs.

Beautiful girl. They do look similar. All EEs are so unique, one of things I love about them. I was surprised that 2 out 4 of my EEs did not have beards/muffs as well as a bit disappointed. I love the beards! Only Pegasus has green legs too, and the rest have yellow legs.
I love that too, seeing how it all comes out. I spend WAY too much time on genetics sites and reading about plumage trying to figure out her other half. ;)

Back
Top Bottom