EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Thanks for guessing! Sadly, I will have to find a new home for any roosters or let my husband make chicken noodle soup
hmm.png
. I might keep that reddish one if its a rooster because he is a sweetheart. The little yellow one (#4) I think I have known from day one for a rooster because he is mean and will try to fight me even as a 4-day old chick. Haha.

Thanks for guessing! Sadly, I will have to find a new home for any roosters or let my husband make chicken noodle soup
hmm.png
. I might keep that reddish one if its a rooster because he is a sweetheart. The little yellow one (#4) I think I have known from day one for a rooster because he is mean and will try to fight me even as a 4-day old chick. Haha.

Number 4 is the only one that looks rooish to me. I know number 3 has a noticable comb but it didn't look like it was pink at all. Number 3 also has very pullet like coloring. But yes, 4 is most likely a roo. With that comb and it's black and white coloring, thick legs, and tall stance I would be very surprised if it turned out to be a pullet. It's a shame you can't keep him, I bet he is going to be beautiful! I'm still waiting for my husband to make "chicken noodle soup" out of our roosters - it hasn't happened yet and the roosters are starting to pile up! If you have the opportunity, I would rehome him :).

Number 4 is the only one that looks rooish to me. I know number 3 has a noticable comb but it didn't look like it was pink at all. Number 3 also has very pullet like coloring. But yes, 4 is most likely a roo. With that comb and it's black and white coloring, thick legs, and tall stance I would be very surprised if it turned out to be a pullet. It's a shame you can't keep him, I bet he is going to be beautiful! I'm still waiting for my husband to make "chicken noodle soup" out of our roosters - it hasn't happened yet and the roosters are starting to pile up! If you have the opportunity, I would rehome him :).
Thanks! That gives me some hope for #3. I can't wait to see them all grown up... even the little roo...if he's a roo. That is why I love EE's. They are so fun to figure out! I will post more pics of coloring in another few weeks.

Howdy, just joining this thread as I have been reading through it a little bit and got 2 new little chicks I think maybe EE's last weekend ( pretty sure when I got them they were less than 24 hours old they had No wing feathers started and just tiny little balls of fluff. I think they are one week-ish now. anyone confirm that these are EE's especially the little gray and black one or ... something else??? just curious I am a newbie chicken lover.
Thanks

Two new little babies now about a week old... I am relatively sure the chipmunk stripey one is an EE but not sure with the little gray one...

BoPeep

Sassy

Koolkyle08, where did you get them? The gray one has yellow legs and no beard so I doubt EE. Super cute whatever it is! The chipmunk pattern can be found on lots of breeds. Knowing leg color and comb types would narrow it down a bit but the biggest help will be a few more weeks of waiting to see the feathers.

Back
Top Bottom