EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
I HAVE 3 EE'S THAT WERE SEXED AS PULLETS~
Almost 7weeks old...

This light colored one ^ has dark orange on wings and chest... read that 'red on wings' almost always means a boy, and it's more orange color.... what do you guys think???? ~ Comb is small and not turning pink or red~ Thanks :)

Quote: I love the spotted pullet (and they all look like pullets to me)

I HAVE 3 EE'S THAT WERE SEXED AS PULLETS~
Almost 7weeks old...

This light colored one ^ has dark orange on wings and chest... read that 'red on wings' almost always means a boy, and it's more orange color.... what do you guys think???? ~ Comb is small and not turning pink or red~ Thanks :)

So far the comb looks like a pullet but I'd watch to make sure it stays small and pale. You'll probably know more in a couple of weeks. The other two are definately pullets.

CG

Hey everyone! Seems everyone is trying to figure these little guys out. I've been thinking about it for awhile, so i finally got around to organizing a new blog page trying to keep track of EE from chick-hood to adulthood. My samples and variety is small at the moment, but it's a work in progress! If anyone is interested, check it out! keep in mind, I;m still new at this and be prepared for a ton of pics to have to load! http://thechildwithinishungry.weebl...on/easter-egger-chicks-part-1-of-many-im-sure

on that page, I also included another great site link I think i've seen mentioned in this thread, from plum jam.

Hey everyone! Seems everyone is trying to figure these little guys out. I've been thinking about it for awhile, so i finally got around to organizing a new blog page trying to keep track of EE from chick-hood to adulthood. My samples and variety is small at the moment, but it's a work in progress! If anyone is interested, check it out! keep in mind, I;m still new at this and be prepared for a ton of pics to have to load! http://thechildwithinishungry.weebl...on/easter-egger-chicks-part-1-of-many-im-sure

on that page, I also included another great site link I think i've seen mentioned in this thread, from plum jam.
There's a similar thread here on BYC that I've thought abut contributing to but I find it hard to keep track of the chicks. If I only have one black one for example it's easier but I usually have several chicks with similar colors and I'm not sure if this light chick is the "first" one or the "second" one. I had 3 BLRW chicks that I put bands on their legs but I left too much grow room and they lost them. Now based on feather color, I can only find two of them and I can't figure out the third (must not be standard - must have gotten mixed with something). Anyway back to topic...Good luck keeping track of them because I find that to be difficult even though I enjoy watching them.

CG

There's a similar thread here on BYC that I've thought abut contributing to but I find it hard to keep track of the chicks.  If I only have one black one for example it's easier but I usually have several chicks with similar colors and I'm not sure if this light chick is the "first" one or the "second" one.  I had 3 BLRW chicks that I put bands on their legs but I left too much grow room and they lost them.  Now based on feather color, I can only find two of them and I can't figure out the third (must not be standard - must have gotten mixed with something).  Anyway back to topic...Good luck keeping track of them because I find that to be difficult even though I enjoy watching them.

CG

Yeah, I think keeping track of 4 at a time is about my limit. Any more, and I'd have a harder time than I already did keeping them straight. I just had 10 chicks hatch under a broody this past week, only one is "purebred" Easter egger. The rest only have the Easter egger as a father. I can't wait to see how they turn out. That's my next documentation project. I think it's safe to say I'll have my hands full.

I have four EE's that are now seven and a half weeks old. They were all sexed as pullets and I am hoping this will be the case. So far I think they are.
Two do not have very much of a beard and two are growing very nice ones. Three were chipmonk chicks and one was a soft brown. She has become my favorite and I named her Ruth. The other three are Dotty, Sophie, and Frieda.

About five days old and go in this order Sophie, Dotty, Frieda and Ruth

Here they are today. Any thoughts?

Sophie

Ruth. She is now growing a beautiful grey black bread under her chin. Can't wait to see what happens.

Left to right, Dotty, Ruth, Sophie

Frieda

Dottie, she has interesting coloring

Top left to bottom right, Sophie, Frieda, Ruth

I have worried about Sophie and Dottie at times that they could be Roos, but they seem to have more pullet traits I think.

Back
Top Bottom