EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
Thank you! I love the bird on your avatar! What a gorgeous bird!

Quote:
They all grew up very pretty

Quote:
What does the comb look like? It is hard to see it in the picture.

walnut = RRPP, RrPP, RrPp
rosecomb = RRpp, Rrpp
single = rrpp
pea = rrPP, rrPp

If I understand the genetics regarding comb type listed above and your EE mum has a pea comb, then if the chick has a rose or walnut comb, I would suspect a Wyandotte daddy. If a pea comb, then the Sussex. Of course, combs often can vary quite a bit and end up having a combination of traits, but this might give you some guesses.
smile.png

Quote:
She sure looks like my girl "Araucana" Casca. I'm having such a hard time IDing her color. While she is supposed to have Araucana parents, she does sport a beautiful beard and muffs! And no tail. She's 11 weeks today.

Here she is with her brother, on April 5, ~9 weeks
55721_poultry_04-11_040.jpg

As a chick 11 days

chicks2011-7sm by WezlArt, on Flickr

At 1 month

blue silkies Aracaunas by WezlArt, on Flickr

And today

Araucana by WezlArt, on Flickr

Here's her Glamour Shot

Araucana by WezlArt, on Flickr
doing her version of a hair flip, LOL!

So, I've been told she's a partridge and a BBR (black breasted red?) but I've only seen a couple birds with this coloring. It's the opposite of what they are supposed to be. It's like her head is an Ameraucana and her body is Araucana! She has black skin and willow legs and feet. But doesn't have the reddish eyes of a BBR, they're golden.
If I'm posting on the wrong thread, let me know. I'm not sure if I can call her an EE, or what!

Hey thanks,

This is the chicken in my Avatar as a chick
49869_newest_chicks_006.jpg

Here she is as a young pullet
49869_chickens_117.jpg

49869_chickens_174.jpg

closer look at the Avatar pic
49869_chickens_175.jpg

I though she was a HE for quite a long time but alas she is a year old now and gives me green eggs

Hello! I'm new to the world of EEs- just hatched my first ever batch of eggs using a broody Buff Orpington. All 3 EE eggs hatched, and all of the chicks look SO different from one another. 2 came from green eggs, one from a brown egg, all labeled EE by the hatchery. Thought I would post the pictures. I can't wait to see what they look like as they grow. I know it's early but do any folks with more experience have any guesses or thoughts about their possible adult color/appearance/gender? Thanks!

First two out of the eggs, red and grey:
57989_img_0098.jpg

Another view of grey one, with a tiny beard already:
57989_img_0123.jpg

red one close up, two days old:
57989_img_0211.jpg

Last one out, a chipmunky little one:
57989_img_0202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom