EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
I hope this is the right topic. Here is Snow and she's hen-lounging.

Ameraucana2.jpg

Looks like a girl to me, what makes you think she may be a he?

Looks like a girl to me.

So glad you think so.
smile.png
I kept thinking she might be a boy because the blonde on her wings had reddish tan coloring that wasn't as dark (red) as the boys but kind of similiar in pattern. She only just started getting the blush on her chest. She's also been a dominant chick until recently.

SilkieBantams, Snow is so cute! And relaxed...
lol.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
OMGoodness! How adorable!
love.gif

~Aspen

Thanks! For a week I've thought that she was an Ameraucana as I've got her from someone through craigslist, but found out that she's actually an Easter Egger.​

Quote:
Looks like a girl to me.

So glad you think so.
smile.png
I kept thinking she might be a boy because the blonde on her wings had reddish tan coloring that wasn't as dark (red) as the boys but kind of similiar in pattern. She only just started getting the blush on her chest. She's also been a dominant chick until recently.

SilkieBantams, Snow is so cute! And relaxed...
lol.png

only my roostrs will lay like that with their legs out straight.. my girls will pull their legs up to their chest.. they will lay there for you to rub bellies but my boys really stretch out and do the legs out thing.. red on the wings is usally a boy sign too... humm/?????

I've never seen a bird lounge like Snow! That's so cute (and, a little creepy, which is my word of the day)! The first time my birds took a dust bath and laid around after on their sides I thought they were broken. Silly newbie that I am!

I was told that chicks should not be held on their backs bc all the organs lay on the air sacks in the bird. That the lung system in chickens is 6 air sacks I believe. Someone will correct me but something like that?

Back
Top Bottom