EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
ncharriere- This is what she looked like as a chick
I already posted these pictures of her but what the heck here it is again!
big_smile.png

2nd batch of EE's (2012) - Tyga and Aubrey

Tyga 4 days old

Tyga 2 weeks

Tyga 5 weeks

Aubrey 4 days old

Aubrey 2 weeks

Aubrey 5 weeks

1st Batch of EE's (2007) Clover and Mocha

Clover a few days old

Clover 5 weeks old (the one standing up)

Clover less than 1 year (Clover is in the front with the lighter feathering - Mocha is in the back with the darker feathering)

Clover

Mocha a few days old

Mocha 5 weeks old

Mocha less than 1 year (Mocha on the left - Clover on the right)

Mocha (She is such a sweet chicken!)

Clover and Mocha's beautiful eggs (Clover's very light blue egg on the left and Mocha's darker blue/green egg on the right)

Last edited:
Mwahahaa I snuck in another EE under my DH's nose in our turkey order! He caught me when we got home though. It went a lot like this: "Wow, turkeys look a lot different when they're ba...... is that a chicken?!"
lau.gif

Here is Biti (to go along with our other EE Iti):

The camera completely washed out her colors and turned her yellow. She's actually kind of a smokey blue, with a slightly orange head. I'm excited to see what she'll turn out to be!

I deliberately selected my 4 very different looking EE chicks in order to hopefully get 4 very different looking EE hens... mostly for the sake of variety.

And with that in mind, I am going to track their development every week (by updating this post with new pics)

#1: The blueish grey one. A little darker on top and pale on the belly. "She" has a little bit of orangey brown on her forehead and a prominent nostril area...and what look like blue legs.

#2 & #3: The one on the left is kind of buff colored, with subtle patches of grey on "her" back and back of head. The one on the right has the chipmunk stripe pattern and lots of extra spots and stripes on the forehead.

#4: The brown one that has minimal markings. "She" is a darker more cinnamon brown on the head and back, and a lighter brown everywhere else. "Her" legs appear to be blue also.

14 Days old:

21 Days old:

28 Days old:

5 Weeks old:

7 Weeks old:

Last edited:
I deliberately selected my 4 very different looking EE chicks in order to hopefully get 4 very different looking EE hens... mostly for the sake of variety.

And with that in mind, I am going to track their development every week (by updating this post with new pics)

#1: The blueish grey one. A little darker on top and pale on the belly. "She" has a little bit of orangey brown on her forehead and a prominent nostril area...and what look like blue legs.

#2 & #3: The one on the left is kind of buff colored, with subtle patches of grey on "her" back and back of head. The one on the right has the chipmunk stripe pattern and lots of extra spots and stripes on the forehead.

#4: The brown one that has minimal markings. "She" is a darker more cinnamon brown on the head and back, and a lighter brown everywhere else. "Her" legs appear to be blue also.

Cool! I will love to watch these grow up! Very cute.

Bravo - Lupita is a byoot! Such pretty coloring. I have two chicks that look a lot like yours and I'm hoping they'll end up as pretty as your pullets (I'm hoping they're females, of course). It's amazing how so many chicks can start off looking the same, yet end up with so many different color/feather patterns!

Back
Top Bottom