EE genetics and offspring

alogue5173

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
Harrison, Georgia
All of these chicken genetics and what traits pass is soooo confusing to me. So glad there are so many of you here fluent in chicken genetics. I realize that EEs are mutts...I think we have decided that my rooster is either an EE or EE cross. I have one EE hen that lays whitish eggs and all my other hens are BO, Production Reds and RSL. Apparently the offspring of my EE roo and EE hen are gonna be EEs. Will the offspring of my EE roo and the other hens be considered EE or double mutt? Will they look like an EE with the beard and muffs? And is it possible to get blue or green from any of the offspring if they are hens? I'm hoping my babies from the EE roo and EE hen might lay colored egss, but I'm guessing it's a long shot since my EE hen lays whitish eggs. I just can't seem to figure out all these chicken genetics.

I crossed ee and brown leghorn. I just considered the offspring ee/leghorn mixes, just as if I'd crossed any other two breeds. The offspring were bearded and lay huge light green eggs. Now, I've crossed those hens with my pretty black sex link rooster, and all the babies so far have beards still. No one is old enough to lay yet, so don't know on that. If your rooster has a pea comb, chances are he'll pass on green or blue genes to his chicks. So, him over your light egg laying ee hen might make a nice green egg layer.

Your ee roo over brown laying hens will probaly give you brown egg layers or muddy green color.

Back
Top Bottom