EE or Ameraucana cockerel?

Apr 13, 2021
Bakersfield, California
This is Mascara, he's about 3 months old. He has some differences from our EE girls, so I'm questioning which of the 2 breeds he is.
IMG_20220810_102157106.jpg
IMG_20220810_102957741~2.jpg

This is Mascara, he's about 3 months old. He has some differences from our EE girls, so I'm questioning which of the 2 breeds he is.
View attachment 3218289View attachment 3218290
EE because he doesn't conform to the Ameraucana standard of perfection. (white skin, and specific feather pattern/color)

EE being a hybrid doesn't have a standard of perfection and so will see many variation between individuals, like this.

Notice my first sentence said "He".. well, he's also sporting male specific saddle feathers that confirm gender and leave nothing to question in that regard.

Almost always (true) Ameraucana will be sold under their specific feather pattern color.. and rarely in the $3-5 price range. I have bred them in the past and still enjoy the mixed bag of fun traits and characteristics that EE offer.

I see you're in Bako.. (don't tell me you're an Oh eight-er, lol just kidding you gotta love the dale) Been there, done that.. overall not the worst place in the country despite it's reputation. I'm glad to be out of there and don't miss the air (or the squatters) but do miss ease of being centrally located to so much.

Mascara is a funny name.. the ladies in family separate their lashes with a safety pin after applying! :p

Back
Top Bottom