EE or not?

And my first thought is always---if you have to ask, they're Easter Eggers.
yep, me too. Once the persona ctually had ameraucanas I was shocked, they bougt froma truthful breeder that knew what they were talking about. Most of the time when I see people asking sex of their ameaucana I go in thinking that it is really an easter egger. Most of the time I am right, but there has been a few times they ar actually ameraucanas. The thing is thought they arent hard to tell apart, if people would just do a little research before buying a chicken even if it is labeled a certain thing, people lie. It dosent bother me to tell someone thats not what they really have or constantly expalin the differences though.

Yes he is blue. Unfortunately his colors don't show well in the photo. He doesn't have muffs but was supposed to be an Ameracauna. His legs are slate. He looks close to a blue wheaten but not perfect. Without the muffs I started wondering if he was grabbed out I f thewrong bin. I bought him from a farm & garden store. They order chicks from breeders.

Only one of the chicks are his. The others are fosters. She looked a lot like her mom. Her feet are feathered but not as much as mom's. Now that she is almost full grown, she is getting some goldish feathers showing in the wing area. I'll post some pictures.

Ha ha..have you gotten your answer yet? EE or not, he is beautiful, and I'll bet you don't give a hoot about his coloring. All that coloring..gorgeous boy!! Enjoy him.

multiple people have said he is an EE

Yes they have.
smile.png

Here are some pictures of our EE x Cochin chick grown up. She's big and looks kind of like a rooster but I've never heard her crow. She wagged her tail like a hen when I was taking pictures. She used to be all blue like mom but now she is getting more and more yellow showing.

Here are some pictures of our EE x Cochin chick grown up. She's big and looks kind of like a rooster but I've never heard her crow. She wagged her tail like a hen when I was taking pictures. She used to be all blue like mom but now she is getting more and more yellow showing.
How old is this bird? I think I'm seeing saddle feathers
hide.gif

My son said he saw her in the nesting box so I think she's laying now but not sure. I think she's bigger than all our other hens. She just hatched this summer.:/

My son said he saw her in the nesting box so I think she's laying now but not sure. I think she's bigger than all our other hens. She just hatched this summer.
hmm.png
some rooster will get in the nesting boxes and "arrange" them for the hens. SO that dosent really mean anything. It definatley looks like a cockerel. I see saddle feathers

I've wondered but have never heard her/him try to crow. She/he wagged her tail back and forth. Do roosters do that too?

Back
Top Bottom