EE or Purebred Ameracauna??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by oliviad51, Jul 14, 2010.

1. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    About a year ago, I ordered five Ameracaunas from the mypetchicken hatchery. I saw that only Ameracaunas from Private breeders are purebred. The Ameracaunas that I got from mypetchicken lay green/blue eggs. Does that mean they actually are purebred?

2. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    MPCs site clearly states that they only sell EE chicks, that is where my two beautiful girls came from last year. I think they do offer Ameracauna hatching eggs though. You are lucky some of yours lay blue eggs, both of mine lay green [​IMG]
    I was hoping for one blue and one green.

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    No, they also have to be a recognized variety and have to have other characteristics like correct eye and leg color. Other than that, along with body type, I can't think of anything else. Hopefully an Ameraucana breeder will comment here.

4. oliviad51

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    I only have three now. Two died as chicks. I have two that lay green eggs and 1 that lays blue. I should be getting five more Ameracaunas from MYP along with my Cuckoo Marans in about a week.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    would be better to see a pic but they most likely are EEs

6. oliviad51

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. oliviad51

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    I also have a grey one and a brown one with different designs but they are all the same

8. nittanyxi

nittanyxi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I think true ameracauna are tail-less. You don't see them very often. Most of the birds that people call ameracauna are EE.

9. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Quote:Araucanas are the tailless ones. But that looks like a very nice EE to me. She's pretty!

10. oliviad51

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thanks, the other ones are pretty too, I will try to post pics tomorrow of them. The gray one was a mommy and she was VERY protective. Her chicks are too old now to be with her..they grow up so fast! [​IMG] >>> [​IMG] >>>> [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by