EE or Purebred Ameracauna??

oliviad51

Songster
10 Years
Jul 23, 2009
North Carolina
About a year ago, I ordered five Ameracaunas from the mypetchicken hatchery. I saw that only Ameracaunas from Private breeders are purebred. The Ameracaunas that I got from mypetchicken lay green/blue eggs. Does that mean they actually are purebred?

MPCs site clearly states that they only sell EE chicks, that is where my two beautiful girls came from last year. I think they do offer Ameracauna hatching eggs though. You are lucky some of yours lay blue eggs, both of mine lay green
hmm.png

I was hoping for one blue and one green.

No, they also have to be a recognized variety and have to have other characteristics like correct eye and leg color. Other than that, along with body type, I can't think of anything else. Hopefully an Ameraucana breeder will comment here.

I only have three now. Two died as chicks. I have two that lay green eggs and 1 that lays blue. I should be getting five more Ameracaunas from MYP along with my Cuckoo Marans in about a week.

Thanks, the other ones are pretty too, I will try to post pics tomorrow of them. The gray one was a mommy and she was VERY protective. Her chicks are too old now to be with her..they grow up so fast!
jumpy.gif
>>>
yippiechickie.gif
>>>>
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom