EEK!! HELP, I look like I'm trying to go Gothic!

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
Okay, so it was time to wash the gray right out of my hair. Since it is getting cooler I chose a darker shade than what I was using in the summer. It was a dark brown shade (my natural color, if you don't count the white ones scattered in there.
wink.png
) Anyway, my hair is now JET BLACK! As in Queen-of-the-Night BLACK! What can I do to get it to fade some, wash my hair 10 times? HELP!
th.gif

EEEEKK! Been there, done that! Do what Debi said, and enjoy the Goth thing while you can...
lol.png
You can do all kinds of things as a Goth that you wouldn't dream of doing as your "normal" self
lau.gif
! Just be glad you didn't wind up with "electric eggplant" like I did once. Believe me, the black cover up was far preferrable.

Whatever you do, DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!!! I tried to color my hair a couple of years ago and it came out way to dark. So I washed and washed and washed,, no change. I went to a beauty supply store and bought the color remover,, then my hair was flaming orange. It said not to color it for two weeks after that, so I spent two weeks teaching looking like a punk rocker. The kids loved it, my Principal thought it was hysterical and my son almost charged others to see pictures of me.

My DH says if you try to dye it back to blond it could turn bright orange. Would that be better?

He knows this because his sister dyed her blond hair black when she ran away from home as a teenager when she found out the cops were looking for her. What is really funny is that she was with a dark-haired girl who dyed her hair blond. The cops were looking for a blond and brunette and they still fit the description, just bad dye jobs. It was just before an older sister's wedding. When she got back home, mom took her to the beauty parlor to fix the damage. Well, it did not quite work.

I used to always have that problem. My hair is black by most people's standards but is really dark brown. However if I use any of the dark brown products it comes out old lady, shoe polish black. I'm afraid I've yet to find a way to get it toned down short of waiting a couple of weeks of washing it every day - or - recolor in a light shade that has peroxide.

What I do now is to buy the dark brown shade I like, and only put it on my roots. Be careful to keep the rest of the hair uncolored. Wait the 25 minutes and then apply it to your whole head and leave on no more than 5 minutes. Jump in shower and wash it out. Now my roots are the same as the rest of my hair and the color doesn't stay on my hair, other than my roots, long enough to get that blue black gothic look.

Wish I could tell you an easy solution but I've yet to discover one. One night I was so desperate to get the black out of my hair that I put hydrogen peroxide all over my head and waited - nothing - then I put pure Chlorine bleach on my hair - nothing - it stayed gothic till I could go back to store and buy some of the color remover stuff they sell. You can always try that but then you are left with orange hair and have to apply a new haircolor.

Hi guys, You can't dye your hair back to blonde. No such thing. If you go back to blonde you would have to use hair bleach 20 or 40 volume. You could get it blonde but you would have to bleach it a few times. Then you won't have hair left just frizzy cotton/straw for hair. If you can find Pert that works like a charm. Head and shoulders would probably work as well. I think Ivory makes a shampoo, that would work. Anything cheep will be harsh enough to help strip out some of the color. Use lots of cheep conditioner that will strip too. Just keep shampooing/conditioning once the morning once at night every day for a week will do the trick. Good Luck

I ended up with purple hair once! I am naturally a redhead. Finding just the right red is almost impossible. My hairstylist/friend told me to lighten a dye job you can use laundry(powder) detergent to wash your hair. Do this 3 or 4 times repeatedly. It is very bad for your hair so you will want a good conditioner to use when you are ALL DONE! Not in between as the conditioner protects the hair from stripping which is basically what you are trying to do. Good luck sweetie! Been there, done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom