EE's dont look CLOSE to ready...Take a look please

Quote:
If Louise was a Roo, would there be spurs or crowing by 23 weeks? Oh Please lord don't let her be a roo...
he.gif

She is a pullet don't worry!

Both your EE's are pullets. An EE roo at almost six months looks very rooish. EE's can be unpredictable in terms of maturation. I currently have some olive eggers that I hatched out on March 3rd, and they are nowhere near ready to lay.

My girls aren't even close to egg-laying (only 6.5 weeks old), but of the five different breeds we've got, our EE seems to be the quickest to mature so far. Her and our wellie were heads and tails ahead of the BA, BR, and Dom, but the EE was also slightly bigger (size and weight). So far as her comb, though, she is the least developed. So I don't know how that will all translate as they age, really. Maybe the other will overtake her and lay sooner...maybe not. The anticipation is killer (good thing, they're all cute and fun to have ).
wink.png

Your EEs really are beautiful! Do you mind sharing where they are from?

Mine all started laying 19-20 wks. No squatting behavior but combs did redden; I notice variable changes in comb color from day to day, from pink to red to back to pink.

I got them from a local lady here in Ft Worth. At the time I had no idea you could have chicks shipped! But all these birds were so healthy and have never been sick so I think I will keep getting them from her.

Back
Top Bottom