EEs -- how old was yours when she started laying?

19 weeks and 2 days for my older two. We'll see what goes with Echo.
smile.png

I was wondering the same thing. Mine is about 18-20 weeks, and she is no where near ready. Her comb is barely started. Oh well, she will probably be ready in the spring.

We got 5 EE's the 2nd week in April and 1 of them started laying this week. Found my first green egg Monday! I cant wait for the rest of them to get to layn.
big_smile.png

EEs are mixes so they're all over the place. I had one start fairly early (22 or 23 weeks, I think) and she's a rockstar layer, one started a week later and her first eggs were pretty narrow but they're big and gorgeous now and she's a steady layer, and one that has laid only three eggs in two weeks and she's 31 weeks old now (she's lucky that she's pretty and the only one laying blue!)

I have one silkie hen a year old that has YET to lay me an egg. I keep her around because she is so dang cute. The rest depends on the breed. 20-30 weeks for me.

glad i saw this
my 3 were april hatches and no eggs yet
do they always lay blue/green eggs or do some lay brown?
most of my other girls are brown egg layers so was just wondering

Lol I thought I was going to be 200 years old and buried before my EE ever decided to lay. In all reality, it was only 25 weeks, but it felt longer!

28 weeks and still waiting for one girl to start laying. All others started at about 20 weeks. She isnt showing any signs yet, no squat, nothing. She is the biggest girl of the four... still waiting patiently.

Back
Top Bottom