Efowl.com chicks arrived today! PICS including extra chicks

dako'ng itlog

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 19, 2010
Salt Lake County, UT
My order of chicks came this morning from Efowl.com. I ordered 10 chicks and got 8 extra packing peanuts. I talked to Efowl and asked themif they had any idea what the extra chicks are. I ordered all pullets except the bantams that are st run. They said the red ones are most likely RIRs or possibly NHRs or Red Stars. The thought the extra white one is probably a White Rock or maybe White Leghorn. All st run. Here are the ones I ordered:

1 SLW
49333_slw_2_days.jpg

1 BR
49333_br_day_2.jpg

1 Australorp
49333_aus_2_days.jpg

1 Black Frizzle
49333_friz_day_2.jpg

1 EE
49333_ee2_2_days.jpg

1 Brown Leghorn
49333_blh_day_2.jpg

1 White Silky
49333_silk_day_2.jpg

I also ordered 1 White Leghorn & 1 Delaware and got these three. I think the first one is the Delaware?
49333_del_day_2.jpg

49333_wlh_day_2.jpg

49333_wlh2_day_2.jpg

I ordered 1 NH Red and got eight birds that look like these:
49333_red_day_2.jpg

49333_red3_day_2.jpg

49333_red2_day_2.jpg

This is my first time posting pictures so I hope it works. Any ideas on which are which of my red and yellow chicks? I am pretty pleased with Efowl.com. All of the chicks came alive and seem to be doing really well. The only problem I have had is my silky and the others are picking its foot feathers and they are starting to bleed. We put on vapo-rub and it still gets picked at. Any ideas there?

welcome-byc.gif
Separate the feather footed from the rest once the bleeding starts they can kill it they wont stop sorry probally not what you wanted to hear. those are wonerful pics 3 yr olds do great job.

Last edited:
I have pretty much decided the dark yellow one is a NH and the 8 extra red ones are RIRs. They said they are technically st run but most likely will be male. To top of my day with my new chicks I decided to go get two more new chicks from a lady who was selling chicks out of her garage. I picked up a 10 day old blue silkie and a GLW. They add more color to my flock. I will probably keep the RIRs until I can tell the sex and then get rid of at least the roos.

49333_bl_silk1wk.jpg

49333_glw_1_wk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom