Egg 3 is dead..Graphic photos

Good, it's the 70 humidity that worries me, but now that it's up in the 80's that is good, keep an eye on motion and sound today. He/she should hatch by tonight, keep stimulating him/her with a flashlight, even if you have to slightly wiggle the incubator, but yeah mine broke through the membrane and shell as it was zipping. In a high pitched voice just keep encouraging it "Come on baby, come on baby." LOL, that is what I kept doing and it would talk to me back. I'll do my best to share my experience, mine was a bit more complex because of deformities and not knowing when to leave well enough alone. If I would have assisted those 4 while they were alive, they would have suffered because of how crooked their bills were and who knows about neurological disabilities they'd have with a misshaped head. Good luck!!
fl.gif

You know when something doesnt feel right...well it didnt feel right.
I read somewhere on here just earlier where someone had a link to a post about Shrink Wrapping...well, I read that link and in there it said, dont be scared, if you think its in trouble then help it...in those kinds of words. Well, Im not scared of the big bad wolf, Iknew something was wrong.
On went the shower, door closed, went to feed and put ducks away and I went into the shower with my bator for an emergency C Section.
I peeled a bit of the shell off, and a thick whire membrane, its link the inside of the shell was still there so I peeled, a hole small enough for me to see. I saw the duckling in a thin layer like stuff. so I peeled the thick membrane stuff back and it was covered by a film , I could unpeel a bit of it, but then i saw tiny tiny blood vessils, I took the film from round its beek so it could breath. Its head is still downin there, but the link said to stop when you come to blood vessils so I did. I have wetted him down, hes tweeting. which I didnt hear when he was in the shell. Hes still in the bathroom in the bator resting untill later and I will give it another go.
Remind me next time to NEVER stagger my hatch. Its not funny and its not big, your chick could die. Mine is still alive for now...fingers crossed he will make it. I have learned by my mistake for my staggered hatch and opening the batpr to turn my eggs.
Other than that, we are doing fine, smiles on our faces and we will keep you posted.

I'm so thrilled!!! Great job on going with your gut feeling!! That is why I bought 2 incubators when my duckies were 2wks a part in hatch for this very reason. I was afraid of shrink wrapping by doing what you did. The 1st time ever it a trial and error and live and learn!! YAY!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
hugs.gif

Yes Ma'am...we sure do live and learn. Im glad hes out and alive. I got the membrane so far and stopped and left him for a while, as you can see while we were in there he heard us speaking and pushed himself out. Im just glad I went with my gut feeling.

Back
Top Bottom