Egg 3 is dead..Graphic photos

Oh oh oh!!! gofaster look! She has MAGPIE MARKINGS!!! Do you see? It's not just the pictures is it? She has some fuzz darker than others, the way a fawn/white runner would have--and they're in all the right places for a magpie! I think William is throwing magpies!! Maybe a silver magpie??

And there's a little bit of darkness to the bill--this is not a pure white duckling.

It's possible the daddy is Finn, and this is what you get when you cross blue runner with white pekin, but she doesn't really look upright enough to be Finn's offspring... what do you think? Ooohhh... I can't WAIT to see how she feathers out & matures!

Ive been looking at that allllll day thinking to myself. he looks just like BamBam did when she was little...F&W. Hes all fuzzed up now and his tail and his chest is a lighter yellow than the rest of him. Let me go take a pic and see if its noticable on pic like in real life....Ive just switched him to a different tote so he cant jump out again.

Mmmm-hmmmm. Fawn/white is what I was thinking too, but there's no way there's any fawn/white genes in there, right? Let's see if I remember... the fawn in f/w is extended black with blue dilution and sex-linked brown dilution, right? Plus the "runner pattern" gene to break it up with white patches. Hmmm... She could have gotten extended black & blue dilution from Finn, but where would the brown dilution come from? And what about the "runner pattern"? Magpie is similar, but they carry a bibbed pattern, I believe, in combination with the runner pattern... I think... sooooo.... let's see... what if William is carrying extended black & blue dilution, masked by the white gene... and the baby received those genes plus the runner pattern but not the bibbed... then you'd have a blue/white runner pattern, but still no brown dilution...

Could the pekin be carrying a brown dilution under the white?? OOoooo! Or, maybe William is carrying it... he came in a box of mixed-color magpies, so he could have had a chocolate magpie parent, which might give him a brown dilution gene, right?

My genetics are a bit rusty... must look this up! You may have a fawn/white magpie x pekin there...

Can I just say that I'm very slightly regretting letting go of that boy...
wink.png

darn...dont I make purdy babies..hes still got his egg opener on his bill look. Im sooo proud of my baby, hes such a handson dude...oh and his name is Elliot
Elliot006.jpg

Elliot008.jpg

Elliot004.jpg

to big for his feet

Elliot003.jpg

and 1 of his back..the bottom of him is alot paler in real life that this photo
Elliot002.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Have you hatched out any babies from the drakes you kept from Holderreads.
My better half says Finn is a sandwich short of a picnick...we dont think hes all there, hes a weird sort of guy but we love him.

Back
Top Bottom