Egg bound chicken still not laying

Caitlin342

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 4, 2011
I had a chicken that was eggbound about a week and a half ago. I did the whole yogurt/tums hot bath thing and got her to pass a shriveled up egg and she started acting completely better. I found another shriveled up egg passed in the coop about a day later but ever since then there has been no eggs until today when I found a shell-less egg in the coop and I am ninety five percent sure it is her since everyone else laid today. It is a silkie so has never been a good layer but it has been quite some time since she has laid an egg and I'm wondering if this is a warning sign of something.. she seems to be acting normal and her abdomen feels a little bit larger than our other silkie, but our other silkie has been broody for about 3 weeks now so is probably thin. Another note: The silkie that was eggbound was broody about a month or so ago the same time that our bantam araucana was broody (we have a very broody bunch, i believe it is because they are bantams), and the araucana has resumed laying form at least two and a half weeks so that is why i am pretty sure that the silkie should have laid a normal egg by now. When she became eggbound she had not laid an egg yet since being broody so the only eggs she has laid in the past month and a half are the two shriveled up eggs and the shell-less egg today. Any ideas?

def not broody... i was wondering about her becoming an internal layer and how to tell if that is happening and if there is anything to do?

Back
Top Bottom