Egg Bound hen

Blue Raptor

As Astera Per Aspera
Premium Feather Member
Feb 20, 2021
Deutschland 🇩🇪
My Coop
My Coop
Crowe my black copper sex-link is egg bound, I felt her abdomen and I felt an egg in there. I didn’t massage it in case it broke and she has access to calcium. I soaked her and put her on a towel in a cage in the dark (not total) so that she’ll hopefully pass the egg. I know that if she doesn’t pass it she’ll die so are there any suggestions y’all can give to help her out other that what I’m doing?
image.jpg

Can you bring her in the house? Close all the doors and windows in your bathroom, and turn the shower on at full heat. That should steam up the bathroom quickly.
Once its ready, take her in there and set on somewhere comfortable, the steam will help her pass the egg.
Give Calcium tablet immediately, that will help her pass the egg.

I would give her a human calcium tablet or Tums orally in the back of her beak. Keep her on a warm towel in a warm room. You can insert a clean finger into her vent to feel for a stuck egg or obstruction. Make sure that she is drinking fluids
Can you bring her in the house? Close all the doors and windows in your bathroom, and turn the shower on at full heat. That should steam up the bathroom quickly.
Once its ready, take her in there and set on somewhere comfortable, the steam will help her pass the egg.
Give Calcium tablet immediately, that will help her pass the egg.
Thanks for the help, I'll see what I can do! :)

Back
Top Bottom