Egg bound khaki Campbell

Peeko came through surgery very well. The vet even bought her a Panera salad which she scarfed down. Because she is such a "cuddle bug".
The bad news is she also developed peritonitis. The vet did an amazing job of cleaning up the adhered told material and made some repairs to damaged air sacs. The prognosis is guarded. She also gave her an implant to stay off future egg production (this is temporary and effectiness unknown). Hopi g for the best. Our poor little girl. Prayers to St Francis are appreciated.

peeko did very well with her surgery. The vet even bought her a Panera sale which she scarfed down. Lol
The bad news is she had developed peritonitis, the vet did her best removing the egg material and repairing air sacs. Her condition is guarded. She also implanted a hormone to stay off any egg production temporarily. And effectiveness is unknown for how long. Prayers to St Francis would be appreciated. We love our girl so much

Fingers crossed for your baby. I have heard of the implant in chickens and it's used a lot in parrots. I hope it helps your duck. St francis smiled on my duck this week. I hope he smiled on yours, too.

Well it looks as if the implant has worn off. Our vet said she was unsure how long it would last. She has laid 2 eggs I. The last 2 days. There were hard and of normal shape. She gets kale everyday which hopefully will help with the calcium for laying normal eggs. We are going to bring her to the vet for a check up and see what she recommends

Back
Top Bottom