Egg Bound?

Thanks Henny! I don't want to worm them unless I know they have worms and which kind. I know that not all wormers work for all kinds of worms. Also, I did have a complete fecal test done ($55!) on a different chicken a month or so ago and there were no worms. Obviously things change and this is another chicken, but... I do have some wormer on hand if I decide to go that route.
Thanks though.
PS I also have a beagle!

Thanks Henny! I don't want to worm them unless I know they have worms and which kind. I know that not all wormers work for all kinds of worms. Also, I did have a complete fecal test done ($55!) on a different chicken a month or so ago and there were no worms. Obviously things change and this is another chicken, but... I do have some wormer on hand if I decide to go that route. 
Thanks though.
PS I also have a beagle!

Your welcome! Oh okay, I wasn't sure if you were thinking it was worms since you mentioned Corid, so I thought I'd give you the dosages. :) I love Beagles!

Exactly, that's why I don't think she's egg bound. My other thought is she could have worms, so I'd treat you're whole flock because it can't hurt them. You can go to you're closest feed store and buy Corid (for cattle, but works great for chickens). Here is the dosage:

If you buy Corid powder: 1/3 teaspoon for every 1 gallon of water.

If you buy Corid liquid: 1/2 teaspoon for every gallon of water.

Put this water in their coop (only the water with Corid in it) for 3-5 days. This should effectively treat them. Here is a helpful post by BYC @casportpony:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/818879/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing

Hope this helps!

Your welcome! Oh okay, I wasn't sure if you were thinking it was worms since you mentioned Corid, so I thought I'd give you the dosages. :) I love Beagles!

I just re-read my posts here and realized I've been confusing you with another member I'm talking too, ugh. I'm sorry for the confusion I must be causing you! And I realized you never mentioned Corid here before, that was another member on another thread, so I really am sorry!

Back
Top Bottom