Egg bound

Pics
Well, if that is the case, at least we tried… :(

so, we ended up giving her one more bath and dried her…and then removed more maggots. By this point, I removed what looks like a cluster of eggs? Not too sure what it was, but it was on her feathers. Double checked that she had no wounds anywhere else, and there were only a few maggots left, about 7 of them. Can maggots survive in a paper container?

Also, her poop today morning was white and contained a lot of water, not solid poop anymore. While cleaning her vent, I also noticed this yellow piece of membrane it looked like. Could it really be that she has an egg broken internally? Would she still have hope if she had an egg break internally, after 5 days?
If there's still maggots, they need to come off.
Did you happen to get a photo of the membrane and the cluster of eggs/
She may have lice too.

I just gave her another bath. (semi bath, not fully, just her tail) She had no more maggots, so that’s good. But she had a lot of poop on her butt. I tried to clean it as best as I could. It was really hot today, so I took her out and let her cool down. However, I had to watch her 24/7 and shoo away any flies. She also seems to have gained power in her legs. I saw her walk around and stand up for 30 second intervals. But she still prefers to sit. She drank water and ate some grower feed, but she is loosing interest in food. She still eats watermelon, but only sometimes. :) She seems to be doing better, with the maggots.

Her legs definitely work a LOT better. If she still walks some tommorrow, I may bring her a sand bath. She can stand and walk around for about a minute now.

Attachments

• 3AE6FA75-B16E-4972-A845-12FC008D8906.jpeg
    3AE6FA75-B16E-4972-A845-12FC008D8906.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 0F21B70E-48CF-444B-8667-1E699231C74B.jpeg
    0F21B70E-48CF-444B-8667-1E699231C74B.jpeg
    621 KB · Views: 7
  • 017A4A69-05EE-43B4-8CE7-70D38FA4EA79.jpeg
    017A4A69-05EE-43B4-8CE7-70D38FA4EA79.jpeg
    820.7 KB · Views: 7
Today, I washed her tail again, and checked for maggots, there were none, but her butt was really dirty. I was her night time brooder. Then I took her out and placed her in the shade, on dirt. She did not take dust bathes and did not drink any water. Ate a few blueberries and some grower feed. It got really hot today and she was panting really loudly. I decided to take her in the house a few hours ago. She seems better, not drinking any water though.

I'm glad the maggots are gone.

Is her crop emptying overnight?
Not drinking water doesn't sound too good. See if she will drink if you hold a small cup up to her beak.
That’s what I have been doing. She did not drink any water until I brought her in the house. Her crop empties, I check everyday. She is eating a little bit of grower feed. I think she will be in the house the few days. I am afraid the heat will kill her. Not more maggots! That’s amazing though!

Back
Top Bottom