Egg cartons

How do you collect egg cartons? I’m in CA 95320 and need cartons. I have 22 chickens and giving them away right and left!
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

Friends, family, and neighbors. Church bulletin. Plus craigslist farm & garden section.. reply to an ad (I often see them for free) or place your own. ;)

Even neighbors I don't often don't have enough eggs to share with feel proud to save their cartons for me. I do share eggs when possible!

I have also bought brand new cartons.. online in bulk as well as sold at the feed store individually for about 40 cents each. This is my preference IF not going to friends and family.

They also have free cork type posting boards where folks buy/sell/trade/etc.. at both of my local feed stores, my local health food store, even the Chinese restaurant, and the health clinic.. *bring your own tack and get permission*!

Consider selling off some of the layers if there are simply too many eggs to deal with. Or maybe giving away a couple to the houses you share eggs with if it MIGHT bless their family! :)

I bought larger plastic cartons to store inside my fridge.. and like the "flat" style for larger quantities like what you're discussing.. always First in First out.. unwashed refrigerated eggs stored pointy end down will maintain maximum FRESHNESS.

Come up with an egg carton exchange.. if selling eggs charge less for "bring your own" container or those who thoughtfully return clean usable cartons.. NOTING Covid changes EVERYTHING and please use YOUR best judgement when allowing USED containers onto your property!

Happy chicken adventures, sounds like you're in deep! :wee

I've got a huge stash of cartons that I've saved up from when I buy eggs during times of low production. You could ask friends and neighbors to save their cartons up for you since you're not buying eggs. There are also some websites where you can buy empty cartons in bulk.
:goodpost: That's what I have done.

Back
Top Bottom