"Egg"cited but no results....help please!!

Sand Hill

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2015
Hugoton, KS
Have Ringnecks 5:1 ratio in 15x20 flight pens with 3x3 crates for each female giving 30% protein feed with oyster shell and I have ZERO eggs!! Temps are 75-80° day 40-50° night. Am I being impatient or is something missing? Thank you!!

Where are you picking up 30% protein feed, soybean mix? If it is all grain mix that might have something to do with it as they need a meat like protein as well. Bugs, worms and such ( dead squires will just sit and rot. LOL). Still, it is early in the season and mine just started laying about a week ago, so be patient.

Egg laying season is determined more by total day light hours, as well as weather and temp. My old trick was to put a light in the hen house. Buy a cheap timer and set it to turn on 1 hour before sunrise and off shortly after, then the same for the evening.

As to note, my Bob Whites are 10 feet away from my Ring necks and I have yet to see the first egg. This time last year I was dodging eggs on the ground. Of course last year the spring came early in TN. Thats mother nature for you.

Its still early, there's time!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom