Lyndssxo08

Songster
5 Years
May 3, 2018
Purcellville, VA
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone,

Ughhhh so let me first start off by saying I never let my husband usual touch any of my hatching eggs in my incubator but I was late getting off work tonight and one of my ducklings has hatched earlier and I told him it was a good time to remove it from the incubator and to leave the other egg alone (it was lockdown time for the other egg and that egg was about 2-3 days behind the one that hatched today). Well my husband went to grab the duckling to take it out and somehow knocked the other egg over and cracked it pretty bad. Luckily there is no damage to the inner membrane but somehow he managed to mess up the outer as well as the shell obviously ‍♀️ Anywayssss, what should I do now? I expected that egg to hatch in the next few days and I’m sure it’s got to be pretty close to internally pipping. Should I apply coconut oil to the inner membrane to keep it moist or any other ideas? I could use any help at this point! Thanks in advance!

If possible melt some wax and seal the cracks. Good luck.
It’s too big to put wax over unfortunately the duckling is moving around though and great deal and by the looks of the air cell size it should be the next day or so that it will be internally popping so do you think it will be ok as long as I keep the inner membrane from drying out should it be ok?

Back
Top Bottom