Egg Eating Chicken and I am out of ideas

What about the idea that they are missing something in their diet (I.e. Needing more protein and fat) that's in the eggs? So perhaps supplement with some high protein and fat foods for a while? Beans, hemp, etc

What about the idea that they are missing something in their diet (I.e. Needing more protein and fat) that's in the eggs? So perhaps supplement with some high protein and fat foods for a while? Beans, hemp, etc
i have been told to up their protein and make sure they have oystershell available

I took the original nesting boxes I made off the coop and then added a bottom ramp and tilted the whole thing. I reused the egg door in the lower section.
You can kind of see the old paint lines where I moved things and added.

We have 20 hens and loose 2-3 eggs a day to egg eating, how do I know which hen (or hens) are doing it. I already feed they calcium and shells. Would glass eggs help. ?

I have an egg eater, I thought I found out which one it was and when I separated her for processing, she laid 4 eggs in a row without eating them. LOL So not sure I had the right one. Anyway, when I built the new coop I built roll out boxes, I guess they didn't roll out enough cause they would roll them back up and eat them. LOL I had to extend it with a small drop so they couldn't roll them back up. Still don't know which one or ones.

Back
Top Bottom