Egg hatching

Chickena

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
So this is my friend's wonder, "what is the process of egg hatching?" I as well also wonder too! My friends first guess is, "the hen lays an egg and you have to wait!" but i am sure that is not correct because i have chickens of my own and they've been laying eggs, but for all i know the eggs havent hatched :rolleyes: So his guess is possibly wrong, i've also guessed that you need a rooster to sit on the egg and make it have life in it? I forgot what it was called buthopefully you get it. And me and my friend also gussed another same thing, maybe we can use an incubator? Well hopefully you can tell us the process of egg hatching. thanks for reading this! :celebrate

Roosters do not sit on eggs. You do need a rooster to mate the hens and fertilize the eggs. In order to incubate/hatch eggs must be kept at appropriate temperature for 21 days. Not all hens go broody. Get an incubator, study, and enter the wonderful world of hatching chicks.

Unless the hen decided to sit on the egg for three weeks, and the egg was fertilized, nothing would happen.
You can try an incubator, although I would thoroughly research beforehand. It's not always pretty.

Egg is fertilized before it leaves the hen's body, so a rooster sitting on an unfertilized hen's egg would do...nothing.

Unless the hen decided to sit on the egg for three weeks, and the egg was fertilized, nothing would happen.
You can try an incubator, although I would thoroughly research beforehand. It's not always pretty.

Egg is fertilized before it leaves the hen's body, so a rooster sitting on an unfertilized hen's egg would do...nothing.
very interesting thanks!

Back
Top Bottom