Egg hoarding duck! Requested pic of Mallard/Pekin cross pg 3

i wonder if that's how black swedish's came about.... everything had to be bred from a mallard at some point, lol...

We don't eat our eggs either... we give them to my friend's who are chefs at a fancy restaurant downtown,. lol... if they both get layin again, they want to include some duck egg dishes on their menu. it'a a small restaurant, so if they don't get enough they use them in recipes for food they make for themselves before they open.

Quote:
LOL Been there done that! All of my ducks tend to get "friendly" with each other. The babies I just let go were the offspring of that cross (who needs a name) and Twinkie the Runner. I also have a gun-metal grey Runner drake who has visited the ladies often, but he's young yet and I'm not sure it takes from him.

Quote:
Mallard/Pekin cross??? Okay WoW, I need a pic of that duck! LOL

Laurie

Here she is! She is black with a white chest and other white markings, very heavy, and with green hi-lites on her head like a drake! The ducks with her are Hershey and Twinkie and that is a raggedy Nugget in the foreground!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5415_1119091638.jpg

She's gorgeous!!! I love her!!

Thanks for the pic WoW!!

Laurie

i'll have to get pics but my babies are mallard pekin crosses and the male looks just like his mallard daddy but the female looks just like yours. I kept thinking how did a swedish get in my yard and leave an egg? I was perplexed but now I see that it is common. My females are both mallard pekin crosses one brown and the other grey. So having a black duck hatch was totally unexpected

Back
Top Bottom