Egg in leg????

Sorry to hear about the chooks. Congrats on the baby! Honestly, though, my bet on the chook is abcess. I had a hamster who had an abcess under her arm. We thought that it was a huge tumor (so did the vet), so we were just going to let her live until she seemed bothered by it. It then started scabbing up, and the scab grew and grew until one day it just oozed out. She had the lump for a long time too.

woot.gif
Congratulations on your baby girl.

Sorry about the chickens.

What a beautiful baby girl! She has such a great expression on her face in the second pic- I love it!! And I love her name- just perfect!
72 hours is really a ridiculously long time to be in labor! (like I need to tell you that but..) Big congrats to you all!!
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm so sorry about the loss of your roo and hen. If it was an abscess I'm willing to be it made the attacker pretty sick! Good!! Maybe
it'll make whatever beastie it was think twice before coming near your flock again
fl.gif

I'm so glad you gave us an update- I'd been thinking about your hen and, more importantly, your baby on the way and sending y'all
our best thoughts!
smile.png

Congrats on a beautiful and BIG baby! you all look great, and she is just darling!
You are very brave to withstand that labor...my sister had a boy who was 9 lbs that shot out....that was sorta worse!!
Mine was 8 lbs but he didnt conform at all and had to be pulled out...everyone thought he was a C-section because his head was perfect! he still has a hard head at 16!!
I am very impressed with your stamina...and I hope you took the drugs!;-)

I cant believe that Im gonna have to die not knowing what that freaking egg in leg was!
but really, sorry for your loss;-)
Welcome to the world to a new chicken enthusiast!

Send DH out to look for a dead predator with a bad infection ...or one that exploded from that egg really being a simmering bomb!
Im sure she had a great life with or without it...chickens are adaptable and as long as she could perch and peck around, she was probably very happy.
Thanks for sharing your story. it was very compelling (...or more likely, I have a very limited life;-)

Melina

I was a registered vet tech for 10 years and I agree totally w/Cindiloohoo. Most likely it is a tumor. I had a Polish Roo who had trhe same thing, it was a tumor. Unfortunately I OD'd him on pain killers. He died before I could sew him up. Be careful w/the anesthesia not to overdose her.
wink.png

Oops! I posted before reading the whole thread. Beautiful baby! Did anyone do a necropsy on the hen's tumor?

Last edited:
Sorry for your feathered girl. She lived well while she had the chance.

Congrats on your baby girl. She is truly beautiful! She looks quite happy too. There are some days when a c-section is a wonderful thing.

By the way, how big was your 1st daughter? Was she a natural delivery?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom