Egg incubating fiasco - advice please! *New Pictures!*

Congratulations Adam, glad to hear its all going so well, we are all so proud of you.
hugs.gif
How many more do you have to hatch

Quote:
According to my converter, that's 32-35 degrees Celsius
smile.png
It's around 32 out of the direct beam so should be about right
smile.png

Quote:
So was I at 5 days after day 28 but we got there in the end! Thank you!
big_smile.png

manybirds, that's such a shame about that naughty Rouen! At least you have learnt from that and have managed to help the other guys out!
smile.png
Good luck! You're right it is fun - painstakingly nerve-wracking but fun and the actual moment where it's pushing pushing and then breaks out of the shell is amazing! I'm so annoyed no one was here to see it for #13 but at least we saw #14's, I even got a video of it!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Aww they do indeed as I found out. About half an hour after I posted it the duckling really started perking up - moving about more, nibbling things, fluffing up and squeaking more
smile.png
We moved it into the brooder at 7pm. After some pecking which is still going on slightly they are now asleep next to each other
smile.png
We've been having hugs regularly too. I want them to imprint on me and each other, so they love me but can cope without me and be happy together on their own.

Quote:
Thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself really
tongue.png
Always hoped I'd get them all the way but was never sure I would be able to so it feels really great
smile.png
Two more to go now. I candled while tending to humidity - #16 with the piece of shell off but membrane still intact has internally pipped but hasn't changed at all really since I got home but hopefully some developments tomorrow
fl.gif
#17 hasn't internally pipped yet but I did see movement around the edge of the air sack so I think it's still viable at the moment
smile.png

Thank you! Woke up to a new pip in #16's shell, so I am still confused about how the other one occurred... Hopefully it'll be out at some point this evening or tomorrow morning
fl.gif
I'm worried that #13, #16 and #17 are all going to look the same and I won't be able to tell them apart! How does everyone else cope?
lol.png
Still nothing externally from #17.

Here are some photos I took yesterday:

265030_10150312961843064_745053063_9400300_5774706_n.jpg

#13 and #14 together
284108_10150312962673064_745053063_9400308_1034160_n.jpg

Congratulations. I just read your thread. I am going through the same thing right now.
fl.gif
Unfortunately, 2 of my 3 died while hatching. I think it was not humid enough. I'm hoping #3 is okay.

Congratulations again.

Adam, I have 2 chocolate Runner I got last year as 2 day old babies from Metzers. They will be a year old next month and I STIL CANT TELL who is who. Sipi & Truffy both liik alike so who ever is infront of me gets called what ever name comes out my mouth first
roll.png

#16 is out! We went out for the afternoon/evening and when we got back there was a bigger crack but no major breaks. I watched for aaages (maybe even hours!) and did see it make bigger cracks but no sign of a beak coming through. I finally went to the bathroom at around 2am and typically while I was in there it had made the break! I then watched for an hour and it was just working on the hole. I was so tired but knew it was not long, so set my alarm for 15 mins - nothing, another 15 mins - nothing and then half an hour and when I woke up (4am) it had zipped! I quickly got my mum and dad (they wanted to see it don't worry!
lol.png
) and around 20 minutes later it hatched
big_smile.png
Wasted no time getting completely out of the shell either, not like the first one
lol.png
We'll move it to the brooder in an hour or so
smile.png
Pictures later! Still see movement within #17 but no internal pip yet.

Quote:
Oh no! That's awful
sad.png
I was most worried about humidity with mine, but just putting socks soaked with warm water seemed to work okay! Good luck with your last one!
fl.gif

Quote:
Well it looks like that might be what I'll be doing! This 3rd duckling looks like the 2nd one as I predicted, but maybe when it's completely fluffed up there'll be a slight difference. Hoping the fourth duckling looks different if it hatches, but I don't think it will look different!

I'm a little bit worried about #17. There's been loads of peeping and a bit of rocking and I can see movement around the edges of the air cell but I haven't heard it tapping and can't see a beak in there... Its Day 28 was the 14th and it's now the 18th. Tomorrow will be the same amount of time late as #13 was so should I start worrying then?

Back
Top Bottom