Egg inside Giant Egg! *pics*

StacyK

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 20, 2009
Sumner, WA
So, I got my first egg on Friday, YAY!! From one of my RIRs. She laid it in the sand under the coop. Oh well, first try!
tongue.png
We already had plans for a weekend trip & left that night, after asking my Dad to check for eggs if he came over to check the garden.

Came home Sunday evening & found two more eggs, in the nest box this time! YAY, fast learner. Then my Dad called & said he had picked up two earlier Sunday, one huge & one tiny! Huh, must have two that started laying & those ones were from Saturday.

So I went over & got them last night, the one was truly giant, about 2.5 times the size of others. Wondered if it was maybe a double or even triple yolker!
big_smile.png

31908_img_1792.jpg

This is what I found, an almost normal size egg inside the giant one! Had read on here about it happening, but was suprised to get one on the first or second egg
smile.png
ETA: Both the large & smaller eggs had yolks. We didn't eat them since the large egg had some thin spots on the shell & the yolk did have a couple brownish spots.

31908_img_1793.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Be sure to let us know what's inside. It will be interesting to compare
big_smile.png

Nobody seemed injured after this egg, and I've gotten more since, so guess she's ok! LOL!!
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, and thanks AKTomboy! Now just waiting on my EEs, they look another couple weeks off still.

Back
Top Bottom