EGG INTOLERANCE!!! How can I justify ducks?

Asian people there love duck & duck eggs
I've always felt asian at heart. I remember my first time eating duck, savory and juicy! Like the bacon of birds! I also enjoyed the eggs, and honestly I prefer eating eggs over eating ducks (they're my pets after all) that's why I want egg laying sparkly looking ducks.

I only got to use duck eggs once in a baked good, it was gluten free bread. I've never ever had such fluffy moist gf anything! The bread rose so high. Most gf stuff is like a punch in the face, stupid dog ate my babies before I could use their eggs again😞

X's 2 on that! I like them better for omelets, too. The hold up to folding over without cracking.
Ever tried putting down a layer of Mexican cheese on the pan before ya pour in the egg? I do this with grilled cheese and quesadillas too. Crispy crunchy cheese on the outside and soft stringy cheese on the inside🤤 (I love to cook and I'm on keto rn so I need eggs!)
IMG_20200623_135310961~2.jpg

I only got to use duck eggs once in a baked good, it was gluten free bread. I've never ever had such fluffy moist gf anything! The bread rose so high. Most gf stuff is like a punch in the face, stupid dog ate my babies before I could use their eggs again😞
I have electric netting to keep my ducks and chickens safe. It might be something you could use. I got some goat netting, it was about 1/2 the cost of the chicken version from Premier1. The chicken netting was back-ordered due to Covid.

Where were all of you who would only have drakes when I was looking for homes for the ones I raised? :lau They were beautiful. I got them from Sandhill Preservation. I hatched a bunch of mixed eggs from them in the Easter Hatch-a-long, drakes again were not in demand so were eaten. Pretty tasty. I have 5 of their daughters just now starting to lay small eggs the size of a large chicken egg.
Handsome boys too!

Hello y'all.
I have recently developed an egg intolerance...:he:hit:barnie:he:hit:barnie:he:hit:barnie

It's the most horrible thing!!! I can't eat chicken eggs! I haven't tried duck eggs yet (since my intolerance developed) and I was wondering if anyone else has an intolerance to chicken eggs but not duck eggs. I'm not talking about an allergy, it's definitely an intolerance.

I am so dead set on getting welsh harlequin ducks. I HAVE TO HAVE THEM! But since my intolerance developed I've been wondering if there's a way to justify keeping an egg laying breed of duck and (possibly) not being able to eat the eggs. I was hoping to use the eggs in gluten free baking and sell them at farmers markets, but now I just don't know. I don't really want a meat duck, I like collecting eggs and weighing them, I like the taste of the eggs, I love the ducks that lay the eggs.

Any ideas? And has anyone else developed an intolerance to eggs after eating eggs for years with no problem? Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas, opinions and experiences!

Eve
I cannot eat duck eggs (my hub can) so the duck eggs he does not eat we get feed the chickens with boiled yolks (bedtime treat) and the whites go to the dog (excellent protein). I see the ducks as a valuable protein cornerstone for the homestead plus the little boogers are hardy and stinkin adorable

Back
Top Bottom