egg is stuck inside skin and is hanging on the hens bottom

ok this is what he said. he said she had to have light or she wont eat. he said he didnt feel another egg so maybe the dark stopped it for a while i guess he meant. he said she could have 4-6 hours of light a day. i think i will break it down into sections. start out with an hour then bring her in for about an hour. kinda like that. what do yall think? they were amazed that she woulkd sit in my lap. they were bragging about how sweet she is. i said can she have outside light. he said well how easy is it for you to get your hands on her when she is outside. thats when i told them she jumps up in my lap. he said wow thats amazing. i ask him about spaying he said he has a cow but never a chicken. he didnt have the right tools for it. i said you may need to learn about that
lol.png
apparently there isnt alot of people getting hens spayed GO FIGURE
wink.png
he said he didnt think it would pay for the 2000.00 tool he would have to buy. so what do yall think about me breaking the light down into sections during the day?

Yes, give it a try. You must be scared to death for her to try and lay another egg.
sad.png
Hopefully
fl.gif
his procedure worked and Rosie will be fine and can lay regularly. Give that Rosie extra hugs and kisses from her BYC friends!
hugs.gif
Keep us posted!!!

Just my 2 cents, but myself, I'd just do a straight span of 4-6 hours, like a regular winter daylight span. By breaking it up into hours, isn't it possibly like spreading the daylight over the course of a longer day? I mean, maybe just an hour off isn't enough?
Plus, as winter comes and days get shorter, you're only going to have about 6 hours of daylight to play with, anyhow.

Aside from that, over the long haul, isn't it inconvenient to keep to an on/off schedule like that? I don't know about you, but if I had to worry about bringing her in and out every hour on the hour, I could easily lose track and run the risk of getting sidetracked with other tasks-and I don't homeschool a child
smile.png

Again, just my own thoughts/worries--hope I don't confuse the situation.

Whatever you decide--You have my continued prayers--I hope all goes well and she has no further problems. She's a lovely girl and has me thinking I really need to add a BO to my little flock!

So is the vet saying short days of light until she heals, and then when she's healed up she can stay out and try to pass an egg? Or dose he mean shortened days of light forever?

I'm glad you've got a great place to take her! They sound like wonderful and compassionate people who really care about the animals.

sounds like your onthe right track now
smile.png

imglad you have a good vet

sadly there are non here so i pray nothing happens to them .

thanks for your update ive been telling everyonehere about rosies story and everyone wants to know whats happening !!!!

Back
Top Bottom