EGG LAYING

1missy1

In the Brooder
Sep 24, 2015
I had posted previously that I had a chicken that was laying soft shell eggs. I tried several of your recommendations but nothing has gotten better. today she expelled some weird looking things. I would appreciate what you think they are and any recommendations.
20180919_113551.jpg
20180919_113551.jpg
20180919_113424 (1).jpg

Looks like lash eggs and other reproductive tract debris.
The Citrical didn't help?
I should have mentioned that the debri on the plate was leftover cat food. We mixed their oyster shell in their food, gave them electrolytes with vit d3. I think it looks like the egg separated. the lgr brown piece being the shell and the soft stuff looks like undeveloped yolk and white of the egg. what do you think.

It's basically material that can contain bits of egg that is the result of Salpingitis which is inflammation of the oviduct. It doesn't look like a big pus mass so maybe it's early. IDK.
It can be caused by illness or an infection. I'm no expert. I've never had to deal with it but have read a lot about it.

Last edited:
It's basically material that can contain bits of egg that is the result of Salpingitis which is inflammation of the oviduct. It doesn't look like a big pus mass so maybe it's early. IDK.
It can be caused by illness or an infection. I'm no expert. I've never had to deal with it but have read a lot about it.
do you think amoxicillian would work

Back
Top Bottom