Egg looks strange on day 24

Smiles278

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2023
Hey everyone! This is my first time incubating duck eggs. Everything was going great up until last night. I candled one of the eggs and it looked a little different and wasn’t moving like it was the night before. Is this normal? Is the duck dead?

Attachments

• IMG_4709.jpeg
    IMG_4709.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4710.jpeg
    IMG_4710.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 18
It looks dead but give it a few more days
Ugh 😩 I had a feeling. It’s crazy because literally the night before it was the most active of all of them. It had always been the “star student”. Nothing changed so I don’t have a clue what happened. Bummer!
I had one of the 6 I had pip today after I put it on lockdown so it’ll stay until all the others hopefully hatch.

Ugh 😩 I had a feeling. It’s crazy because literally the night before it was the most active of all of them. It had always been the “star student”. Nothing changed so I don’t have a clue what happened. Bummer!
I had one of the 6 I had pip today after I put it on lockdown so it’ll stay until all the others hopefully hatch.
Oh, I don't know about dead.

In my experience, right before hatching or even lockdown for that matter, the little ones aren't moving nearly as much.

I wouldn't count it out in the slightest.

Oh, I don't know about dead.

In my experience, right before hatching or even lockdown for that matter, the little ones aren't moving nearly as much.

I wouldn't count it out in the slightest.
Really? That’s good to hear! I’ve hatched chickens but never ducks so I feel lost and out of the loop. I’ve heard they are harder to hatch and have poor hatch rates. I’m hoping I get at least two from my 6!
Thanks for the encouraging words. The waiting game is hard!

Well it isn’t dead BUT it has now pipped at the wrong end of the egg 😬

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom