Egg movement early, lock down?

Bluemonster107

Songster
Apr 16, 2019
Fresno, California
Today I watched an egg rock back and forth in the incubator , but lock down is supposed to be in two days. My gut said to turn off the egg turner and get them into position. Was this a bad idea? I guess just looking to see is this early movement normal? Or did I do the correct thing in preparation of pipping?

Good idea
My turkeys usually hatch a couple days early. Doesn't matter if under a turkey or chicken hen or several different incubators.

Can't see video
Screenshot_20230704-211928.png

Video has to be on YouTube or such and then linked

My turkey eggs tend to go into lockdown at day 24
I’ve had too many externally pip at day 25!
I also move the duck eggs at the same time; no further turning, and they all tend to hatch pretty much at the same time.

I would imagine that your turkey is already (🤞❤️) out and peeping
What did you hatch?

My turkey eggs tend to go into lockdown at day 24
I’ve had too many externally pip at day 25!
I also move the duck eggs at the same time; no further turning, and they all tend to hatch pretty much at the same time.

I would imagine that your turkey is already (🤞❤️) out and peeping
What did you hatch?
Today is day 24 for me… so hopefully I didn’t screw anything up by pulling out the turner and locking down already. Fingers crossed… they are still on schedule but have seen that many hatching turkeys do so around day 26… so of course I walk by the incubator like a billion times always checking. Haha
I have midget white eggs in there currently.

Today is day 24 for me… so hopefully I didn’t screw anything up by pulling out the turner and locking down already. Fingers crossed… they are still on schedule but have seen that many hatching turkeys do so around day 26… so of course I walk by the incubator like a billion times always checking. Haha
I have midget white eggs in there currently.
The problem with stopping the turning too early is the potential for the yolk to adhere to the shell.
And. You are well past the window of needing to worry about that 💕
Happy hatching! Please keep us posted 🥰

Well .. today is day 26… we have 4 definite pips! And now one zipped!!! And here is where I get nervous!!! I hate when I can see the membrane for a while and just looks dry … humidity is about 70 percent …. Eeeekkkk…. Nervous and excited!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8241.png
    IMG_8241.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Perhaps. Have a glass of wine?
I’m sure you will have a wet baby out to spike your humidity and give you a whole new set or concerns in no time 💕
.....only -sort of- joking
How long has it been since the initial external pip?
Also. What is your humidity in the ‘bator?

Back
Top Bottom