Egg Nog (with and without) - for the holidays!

Quote:
LOL, eggs are the one thing that I can almost afford to waste.

Hmmmm, maybe I should try it with duck eggs, splenda, and non-fat milk plus non-fat half and half.
Although the duck eggs might make it too "eggy".

Angie, reading your recipe reminded me of the fluffy tapioca pudding that my mom used to make. She used the alternate recipe on the side of the box that called for beating the egg white then folding in the cooked milk, tapioca, egg mixture. The result was a light fluffy pudding, not custard like at all. I loved it. When I made it, I added extra egg whites to make it even fluffier.

chel <----- ankle deep in Runner duck eggs.

Oh, I forgot to say..... I hate store bought egg nog. Blech! That stuff tastes nasty. I take one sip of the stuff every year but never want more. Imagine that, something fattening that I dont like! LOL.

When I was a child, my dad used to make homemade egg nog in the Osterizer.
It was pretty yummy.

Thanks for the recipe MP! Im going to see if my dd wants to try it.

Chel

brandy is the best way to have it chel. I too hate the strore bought nog. Taste really bad
sickbyc.gif

Should anyone be "really" worried about drinking raw eggs, you can do this, put your egg yolks in a mixing bowl (stand mixer is easier) put sugar in a sauce pan and add enough water to dissolve the sugar, maybe about a cup, bring the sugar water to a boil, while that is boiling away, whip the yolks, perfectly fine to get fluffy, you will be bringing the sugar water to 249 - 250 degrees (not to worry if you don't have a thermometer!!!) make a loop at the end of a large paper clip and dip it in the boiling liquid, when it makes a window it is at the right temperature, and if your loop is good, you can actually blow a bubble with the sugar!!! In a steady stream (not to fast or too slow) pour the liquid down the side of the bowl while it is still mixing on high speed...now just keep whipping until it cools down and proceed with your recipe, this will also make it even fluffier!!! I have been led to believe that the bacteria if there will be in the yolk, so this should kill it!!!! This can be done for any recipe that uses raw eggs!!! Like traditional chocolate mousse! Sorry if I wrote a book...

Back
Top Bottom