Egg Pic-straight from the chickens butt....well sorta...

BethieofVA

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
Yorktown, Virginia
well, the nesting boxes anyway. There has been so much discussion on here about how clean the eggs are when laid. I just wanted to show mine. We all know poop happens, but I think if you can keep a fairly clean nesting area, your eggs will be less "dirty". Also, I got two new EE pullets and I love my green egg(shown) and my blue one, yet to be laid today.

52367_dscn4149.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. This is the season where I have to watch for mud swirls from my girls' feet. They love to run around without their tiny little galoshes on.
lol.png

Pretty eggs. You're right. I have two plastic bins that I use for nesting boxes. The girls were occasionally pooping in them, and also knocking them over. (They sat on the floor of the coop, against the wall.) Anyhow, I got this idea to put a big plastic storage bin on it's side, and I sat the smaller nest boxes inside, with the wood shavings.....and now, the girls don't poop in them anymore, or knock them over......I get clean eggs most of the time now. Very nice!

Beautiful eggs...
wee.gif
I had a great experience when cleaning the coop last week of actually watching one of my girls lay her egg. She stood up and I saw it actually come out and it was all shiny and beautiful..it truly was an awesome experience for this city boy.

Quote:
I was with my 2 year old grandson a couple weeks ago in the coop and he got to see an egg being laid, (he thought it was hilarious) as soon as the egg hit the nest, he went over, picked it up and brought it to me with a big grin on his face and said "I eat it now" which he did, scrambled with cheese!

Quote:
I was with my 2 year old grandson a couple weeks ago in the coop and he got to see an egg being laid, (he thought it was hilarious) as soon as the egg hit the nest, he went over, picked it up and brought it to me with a big grin on his face and said "I eat it now" which he did, scrambled with cheese!

Great stories!!

Back
Top Bottom