Egg Pipped/Cracked in middle.....

Here is how far we got... it is so dry and shrink wrapped. Theres another rubbery membrane around it still. We had 2 tiny little blood spots but got it stopped. Put the hard egg shell part on a damp paper towel back in the incubator. Hard shell under baby, her beak is free now. It is still in the chewing motion,so another reason we stopped. We are going to wait now, please advise. Letting her warm back up as was starting to feel like her temp was going down.

Attachments

• 20200811_215139.jpg
    20200811_215139.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200811_215130.jpg
    20200811_215130.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 34
Here is how far we got... it is so dry and shrink wrapped. Theres another rubbery membrane around it still. We had 2 tiny little blood spots but got it stopped. Put the hard egg shell part on a damp paper towel back in the incubator. Hard shell under baby, her beak is free now. It is still in the chewing motion,so another reason we stopped. We are going to wait now, please advise. Letting her warm back up as was starting to feel like her temp was going down.
I see a lot of blood. She's nowhere near ready. I wouldn't have personally opened that much. Usually just do this.
20200705_141243.jpg

Then you can watch and wait without causing any harm to the chick. It's easy to see if there's veins or not too. The one in my pic above is one that was ready to hatch. I assisted her.

I see a lot of blood. She's nowhere near ready. I wouldn't have personally opened that much. Usually just do this. View attachment 2286742
Then you can watch and wait without causing any harm to the chick. It's easy to see if there's veins or not too. The one in my pic above is one that was ready to hatch. I assisted her.
Uggghhh oh no. :( I'm just beside myself here. We dont see the feet at all either. I will stay up and just keep checking on her and wait it out. Any idea how long this part takes? For her to absorb the blood? We kept going because she was like shrink wrapped and dry, inside more dry shrink wrapping. Like a double membrane. Is that normal? 2 membranes? I haven't read anything about that anywhere.

I see a lot of blood. She's nowhere near ready. I wouldn't have personally opened that much. Usually just do this. View attachment 2286742
Yeah I was surprised that half the shell was missing especially after only 5 or so minutes. I really hope she doesn't tear the membrane/veins.

Yeah I was surprised that half the shell was missing especially after only 5 or so minutes. I really hope she doesn't tear the membrane/veins.
The shell is paper thin, it kept cracking with every little move we made, so we thought it should be removed. I feel just awful now knowing that we went too far. Beating my head now. :(

Back
Top Bottom