Egg position

fishin_dad

Songster
Feb 28, 2020
Sumter, South Carolina
My incubator has a turner that holds the eggs upright. My question is will it be ok to lay the eggs down for lockdown? I do not want the chicks to injure themselves by stumbling on the turner.

my unprofessional opinion is thats fine as long as you place them at the proper time and stop moving them .. also its best to have some kind of material to keep them from moving, can be anything as long as they wont roll out of position, i think that helps them get out .. also they push out the top so having them positioned so theres alittle space at that end helps to ..

I haven't noticed any problems laying the eggs on their sides for lockdown after incubating with the large ends up. I lay them with the largest dip of the air cell pointing upwards. I use shelf liner in my incubator to help with the eggs not being able to roll around. I take my chicks out as they hatch but if you leave them in until the hatch is complete the shelf liner helps to avoid splay leg as well. I prefer hatching on the sides as I do sometimes have breach chicks.

Back
Top Bottom