Egg Price

As with real estate, it's all about location! I can only get $2.00/carton here in the lowcountry. Large, brown eggs.

$3.50/dozen here in Columbus Ohio with 25 cents off for each one of our cartons you return for reuse.

Really, the only way to figure it out is to see what others in your area are charging, and what premium eggs go for in the store. In some groceries here, Egglands Best Cage Free Organic eggs go for $3.65/dozen.

We do charge more than many around us. We still have more customers than we can handle. Don't be afraid to charge a bit more if you've got something good.

i sell mine for $2 a dozen WITHOUT carton.. if they want the carton too, then it is $2.50 a dozen...
so i dont have to buy hundereds and hundereds of cartons.. most people will buy one and then put their name onit and re-use it..
that way its good for the enviroment too

$2.00 a dozen in UT. I give them .25 rebate if they give me a carton. I was selling my pullet eggs (smalls and mediums) for $1.50 when I was getting a lot of them, but now I just mix the few mediums in and figure they are MORE than compensated for by all the EL and the Jumbos.

I'm only selling my pullet eggs for 1.25 right now but I know I can get more than that when they start getting bigger
smile.png

Seems everyone and his dog has chickens here and is willing to about give them away. Anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00 is the going rate. If I can't get $3.00 I'll give them to friends or cook them and give them back to the chickens.

Come summer I might take mine to the farmers market and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom