Egg Problem

ColoredFeathers

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Somewhere in the South
So this is my first time incubating eggs and I am using a homemade incubator that so far works very well for me. I started off with 6 eggs from hens that family out of town owns. 2 of them turned out to be infertile. The 4 other eggs I candled a week or two ago and saw blood veins and signs of life. I candled them again a week later and it was still the same, but this week one of the eggs you could not see through it and it smelled bad so I tossed it. And again I have another one that I can't see any signs of life and it smells. But it's not all dark inside, I still think I see something(maybe). It also seems to be oozing brown stuff that smells. Before I toss this one I want to be sure that it is dead first, I would hate to toss a egg that still could hatch. I still have a feeling that it is dead.
Please help!

Thank you.
jumpy.gif

when eggs start to develop they get harder and harder to see through until all you have is the air cell some time after day 16, I candle the pointed end on day 16 if there is any clear in that end I don't hold my breath that it will hatch but if I do try and hatch it I keep it in for longer.

Now as far as your eggs. eggs should never leak or smell bad. so it was good you took them out of the bator.

when eggs start to develop they get harder and harder to see through until all you have is the air cell some time after day 16, I candle the pointed end on day 16 if there is any clear in that end I don't hold my breath that it will hatch but if I do try and hatch it I keep it in for longer.

Now as far as your eggs. eggs should never leak or smell bad. so it was good you took them out of the bator.

I knew that they get harder to see into. I was just worried around the way it smelled. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom